Monday, March 14, 2016

Happy St. Patrick's Day Card



Hello my friends!  This week the Bitten By The Bug 2 blog is celebrating the wearing of the green and all things Irish.  St. Patrick's Day is this Wednesday and you know how I like to stretch out a celebration, right?  So we are doing a full week of St. Patrick's Day.

My sweet and talented Design Team sister, Lynn, selected this weeks challenge.  I decided to go with a simple but festive card.  I used three Cricut cartridges (in Design Space) to create my card:  Designer Calendar, Baby Shower, and, of course, St. Patrick's Day.

The Happy St. Patrick's Day cut came from the St. Patty's cartridge.  I used three colors of card stock to cut the layers.  The large shamrock is from Designer Calendar.  And the ribbon and zig-zag circle cut are from Baby Shower. 

I used three scraps of green card stock, two of them prints, to cut the matting.  Now I am asking myself to whom I might send this card!  I honestly do not think I have ever sent a St. Patrick's Day card!


I hope that you take some time and create your own St. Patty's project this week and share it with us at Bitten By The Bug 2.  In the meantime, to look for some awesome inspiration go by the team blog and check out all of the cute projects the Design Team created!

At Close To My Heart this month:


March is Stampaganza Month at Close To My Heart!  

That means buy any two My Acrylix stamp sets at regular price and get a third set of equal or lesser value FREE!  The special is good on all of our stamps, even our fabulous $29.95 font stamps!  What a deal!  Which stamps will you choose?

Also available for the month of March only, our Stamp of the Month, Sunshine Birdies.


How sweet are these little birdies?  The just shout SPRING TIME!  The birdies stamp set can be yours for the regular price of $17.95, or with a $50 order you can add the Sunshine Birdies stamp set to your cart at checkout for only $5.00!






5 comments:

Caroline said...

The papers are so pretty and are perfect for your St Patty's Day card! I haven't sent one of these cards either, but someone should enjoy this special card! Beautiful card.

Brenda said...

Your card is so classy Susan! I love that cut and almost used it myself, but didn't think the grands would think much of just a sentiment. lol Love the papers you used as well as other cuts. Hugs, Brenda

Sharon said...

Fantastic card Susan!! Love the different colors of green and the font of the 'St. Patrick's'. :)

Rosy James said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
moknowsall said...

Lovely St. Patty's day card - that font is beautiful. You can send it to the most Irish person you know. the day doesn't get much attention, but I always make a few and send them out to my Irish friends. I guess because I am Irish it's fun to do. Have a great 'green' day, don't get pinched!

maureen