Monday, February 1, 2016

What's a Birthday Without Ice Cream?


Hello friends, welcome to this weeks Bitten By the Bug 2 challenge.  I know you must think I am crazy posting an ice cream cone card on February first, but that is indeed the Cricut Cut challenge of the week - Ice Cream.  My fabulous design team sister, Brenda, discovered that the first Saturday in February is "Eat Ice Cream for Breakfast Day!"  How COOL is that (did you see what I did there)?  Brenda has challenged us to use Ice Cream, in any form, on this week's project.


Because I am still enjoying making birthday cards (yes, we do have a family birthday this week too, my darling son-in-law, John), I used my ice cream on this ice cream cone birthday card.  I used two Cricut cartridges to create this card:  Doodlecharms and CTMH Artiste.  


The cones were cut with the Doodlecharms cartridge, though I did change up the layering a bit.  I used Artiste to cut the scalloped oval layered matting and the Happy Birthday sentiment.  I decided to attach my card front to a black card, for contrast.  I finished by adding red cherries to the cones and a Happy Birthday stamp inside.


If you have not already done so, please go by the Bitten By The Bug 2 blog and check out the yummie Ice Cream projects the design team has created to share with you!  And then whip up an ice cream project of your own and link in with us this week!!!

Close To My Heart Stamp of the Month and February Monthly Special


Get this D-Size February Stamp of the Month set for $5 with a $50 purchase! Add the stamp set to your cart for full price ($17.95), or with a $50 order add the stamp set during checkout at the promotional price!   



Share The Love in February

Close To My Heart is giving you the opportunity to help us support an amazing cause, Operation Smile, an organization that provides surgeries to repair cleft lips and palates for children all over the world.  With the purchase of this special stamp set, SHARE THE LOVE, you will be helping to share the love with children world-wide.



Filled with adorable icons and sentiments, this stamp set will be a great addition to your stamp collection.  Not only will you get a swoon-worthy stamp set for taking part in this special promotion, but Close To My Heart will donate $7 of proceeds from each stamp set sold to Operation Smile.  I hope you pick up this adorable stamp set and spread a smile on a child's face!!   


5 comments:

*Star said...

Super Cute! I love the the borders on the Doodlecharms cartridge. Thanks for the inspiration and have a great day!!

~Star
Starspaperpassion.blogspot.com

Caroline said...

Yum, lots of ice cream cones! This card will certainly make your son in laws birthday sweet! I love the colors of your card!

Sharon said...

Now this is one ice creamy card!!! Love the ice cream cone border and that great bg paper!!!! :)

Beckie Williams said...

Super cute!

moknowsall said...

why just have one ice cream cone, when you can have lots!!! 'cool' card...

maureen