Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Kickin' Valentine's Day Treat Bags


Hello friends, today I am going to share samples of the fifty-seven treat bag tags I made for my daughter and son-in-law's students.  I found the adorable Valentine Ninja file on Etsy.   There were six different Ninja poses in the set.  I confess that for some strange reason I preferred those holding weapons.  It made them look a bit more fierce, in a totally adorable way of course!

The Ninjas are a print and cut file.  The Cricut Explore did an outstanding job of cutting out the images.  

I used a heart tag file from a Cricut cartridge to cut the tags and heart layers.  I added rectangles to the top of the tags and hearts, lining up the layers, so that the holes for the ribbon would cut out.  The Cricut also printed my sentiment on each tag:  "Have a Kickin' Valentine's Day!  From: Mrs (or Mr.) Ross."

I provided most of the filler for the treat bags:  Valentine Pencils "from your teacher", scratch off book markers, organic fruit chew hearts, heart suckers, and Valentine temporary tattoos.   I think Bethany and John added some additional items when they assembled the bags at their house.  I was THRILLED that they were going to assemble!   

The only downside to this craft was I forgot to photograph the tags and bags prior to handing them off.  I asked Bethany to photograph the bags for me and these are the phone photos she sent.  Not quite up to my usual photo standards, but at least I have photos to post!


I apologize for the less than stellar photos, but I wanted to share the cute Valentine treat bags.  I will be back tomorrow - no don't faint - with yet another post!  I am trying to step up my game here!!  Thanks for stopping by.


As a reminder, we have two specials this month at Close To My Heart:


Get this D-Size February Stamp of the Month set for $5 with a $50 purchase! Add the stamp set to your cart for full price ($17.95), or with a $50 order add the stamp set during checkout at the promotional price!   



Share The Love in February


Close To My Heart is giving you the opportunity to help us support an amazing cause, Operation Smile, an organization that provides surgeries to repair cleft lips and palates for children all over the world.  With the purchase of this special stamp set, SHARE THE LOVE, you will be helping to share the love with children world-wide.



Filled with adorable icons and sentiments, this stamp set will be a great addition to your stamp collection.  Not only will you get a swoon-worthy stamp set for taking part in this special promotion, but Close To My Heart will donate $7 of proceeds from each stamp set sold to Operation Smile.  I hope you pick up this adorable stamp set and spread a smile on a child's face!!   

No comments: