Monday, February 29, 2016

Celebrating Leap Day Card



Hello friends!  Happy Leap Day!   At Bitten By The Bug 2 this week we are celebrating this once every four years event with a Leaping challenge.  My sweet Design Team sister, L.B., has challenged us to create projects featuring something that is leaping.  The Design Team did an amazing job interpreting this challenge - you have to go by the Bitten By The Bug 2 blog and check out their projects!


I will be the first to admit that my card is a bit unusual.  I was working on last week's margarita card when I envisioned the drinks dancing.  The leaping alcoholic beverages are certainly having fun celebrating Leap Day.

I used three cartridges in Cricut Design Space to create this card:  Mixed Drinks, Shall We Dance, and St. Patrick's Day.  I used the slice feature to remove the heads and bodies from the dancing figures and welded the drinks to their limbs.  I like to think that the drinks are having an amazing time.




Thank you for stopping by today. I hope that you might decide to join in us in this weeks Leap Day Challenge.  Just link your project in at Bitten By the Bug 2.  

This is your last day to take advantage of the February Specials at my Close To My Heart on-line store:

We have two specials this month at Close To My Heart:



Get this D-Size February Stamp of the Month set for $5 with a $50 purchase! Add the stamp set to your cart for full price ($17.95), or with a $50 order add the stamp set during checkout at the promotional price!   



Share The Love in February


Close To My Heart is giving you the opportunity to help us support an amazing cause, Operation Smile, an organization that provides surgeries to repair cleft lips and palates for children all over the world.  With the purchase of this special stamp set, SHARE THE LOVE, you will be helping to share the love with children world-wide.



Filled with adorable icons and sentiments, this stamp set will be a great addition to your stamp collection.  Not only will you get a swoon-worthy stamp set for taking part in this special promotion, but Close To My Heart will donate $7 of proceeds from each stamp set sold to Operation Smile.  I hope you pick up this adorable stamp set and spread a smile on a child's face!!   





4 comments:

moknowsall said...

you are a genius! very unusual, but brilliant.... Love your card!

Caroline said...

I love how you welded and sliced these images together, such a greeat idea! The papers are so pretty and the bling adds so much fun to your card!

Sharon said...

Well, I have to say that your unusual card is fabulous!!! I would have never thought of making dancing drinks!! :)

Scrapping Girl said...

The question is whether you had some drinks before coming up with the dancing drinks, lol!!!! So cute and original!
:)
Michelle