Monday, January 18, 2016

Happy Brrrr-thday!


Hello friends! Welcome to this week's Bitten By The Bug 2 Cricut challenge. My design team sister, Kelly, selected this week's challenge - Winter Penguins!  I used the cute penguin from Create A Critter to create Happy Brrr-thday card.

My family has three birthdays in January - My mother, my daughter, and my darling granddaughter, so  I was very happy to have this challenge.  I needed one more January birthday card.

As I said above, I used the penguin from the Create A Critter cartridge.  This is actually the penguin that wears the Santa hat.  After cutting the hat in this gorgeous pink color, I trimmed away part of the hat transforming it into a birthday hat.  

The gift package is from the Slumber Party cartridge.  I removed the circle behind the gift and chose pretty girly colors for the gift package.  

I used an embossing folder from my stash to emboss the glitter white background.  After affixing the penguin and gift package to the front of the card, I cut and added the word Brrrr.  Inside the card I added the phrase, Happy Brrr-thday!



Have you been by the Bitten By the Bug 2 blog yet today?  You absolutely must go check out all of the penguin cuteness the design team has created.  Also, I would like to invite you to join us in this week's challenge.  Create your own Cricut cut Penguin project and link up with us at BBTB2.

I will be back later in the week with another birthday card to share.  Thanks for stopping by today!



National Papercrafting Month—Live Your Day




Celebrate National Papercrafting Month with the exclusive Picture My Life™ Live Your Day scrapbooking program—available for one month only! This collection was designed to coordinate perfectly with the sensational Everyday Life™ 2016 Planner Pages and My Crush® Everyday Life Pages, so you can seamlessly integrate pocket scrapbooking into your 2016 planner. Whether in the planner or on their own, these cards make it easy to preserve your everyday moments all year long. Get yours today for only $8.95



While you are checking out the January special be sure to take a peek at January's Stamp of the Month - Beloved Bouquet.  Spend $50 and get this Stamp of the Month set for just $5.






6 comments:

Caroline said...

Brrrt, is right. We are struggling to get above zero today. Well Happy Birthday to your family members celebrating their birthdays. I can"t believe your grand daughter is turning 1 year old! This penguin is so adorable and the embossing so perfect. Cute, cute penguin card!!!

Beckie Williams said...

This is so darn adorable!! Great Job!!

Brenda said...

I have a lot of birthdays in January too Susan. Keeps me busy that is for sure. Your card is simple adorable! I love how you change the hat and made it into a party hat instead. I also love the sentiment on the inside as well, so cute and clever! Hugs, Brenda

Sharon said...

What an adorable card!! Love this cute as can be penguin!! And the embossed bg is great!!! :)

Scrapping Girl said...

Your card is full of penguin cuteness! Love the embossing! Can't believe Avaleigh is turning one already. Hope you guys are staying warm and safe as this next big storm hits you! I'm having fun playing with all my new CTMH goodies! Nick LOVES the watercolors!
:)
Michelle

moknowsall said...

Your penguin party goer is so dang cute. Can you believe I haven't cut a penguin cut until this challenge? Now I am in love with them. Love that embossing folder too.

maureen