Monday, January 25, 2016

Dancing Winter Snowflakes


Hello friends, I hope you are all well and those of you buried in snow are beginning to dig out.  Sometimes life throws us a bone with a funny coincidence, as it did for me this week.   It is my week to select the Cricut Cut Challenge at Bitten By the Bug 2, something we do weeks and weeks in advance.  For this week I selected Dancing Winter Snowflakes. Apparently Mother Nature approved as she gave 30 million of us lots of snowy inspiration for this challenge!  We even had a light ground cover here in Aiken, South Carolina.  I woke up Saturday morning to white roofs on the neighbor's houses and neighbor children playing in their yards! 



I like an annual snowflake challenge.  Okay, well basically, I like crafting with snowflakes.  And goodness!  There are tons and tons of Cricut snowflakes to choose from.  But you know me, I have a few favorite cartridges, and in this case I returned to Close To My Heart's Art Philosophy.  I LOVE the snowflakes on that cartridge!  I like the way they can be layered and create varied looks.  The photos above and below are close ups of my snowflakes. 


I layered my snowflakes on to circles and added the Warm Hugs sentiment from the Frozen cartridge.  

My background is a custom watercolor.  I did not have a blue card stock that I liked as a background, so I used my new Close To My Heart watercolor paints, brushes, and watercolor paper to create my own custom background. This worked so well that I cannot wait to stamp some flowers and watercolor again!


I hope that if you have not already done so that you will go by the Bitten By the Bug 2 blog and check out the flurry of dancing snowflakes the design team has created.  We encourage you to join us in this weeks challenge and create your own snowflake project.  If nothing else, scrap your snow fall photos!!

National Papercrafting Month—Live Your Day




Celebrate National Papercrafting Month with the exclusive Picture My Life™ Live Your Day scrapbooking program—available for one month only! This collection was designed to coordinate perfectly with the sensational Everyday Life™ 2016 Planner Pages and My Crush® Everyday Life Pages, so you can seamlessly integrate pocket scrapbooking into your 2016 planner. Whether in the planner or on their own, these cards make it easy to preserve your everyday moments all year long. Get yours today for only $8.95


While you are checking out the January special be sure to take a peek at January's Stamp of the Month - Beloved Bouquet.  Spend $50 and get this Stamp of the Month set for just $5.




6 comments:

pezadoodle said...

These are both just gorgeous!

Scrapping Girl said...

This challenge turned out to be most timely indeed, Susan! LOL! I hope you or your daughter got some pics of Miss Avaleigh in the snow!!!! Your snowflakes are so pretty-I am going to have to try out the ones on Art Philosophy now. (I made my project way ahead before I got the AP cartridge…) I am also loving the watercolor background! Nick starts watercoloring next week in art, and has promised to tutor me, since I've never done any painting of any sort. I'm pretty excited to try it out! I'm envisioning some backgrounds for flowers, just like you! Have a wonderful week,
:)
Michelle

Sharon said...

Wonderful snowflakes Susan!! Love the watercolor bg! We only had a dusting here in our part of the country. Was thankful for that! :)

Brenda said...

Oh boy does life ever throw us curves!! Who knew when you picked this challenge that we would get nailed with snow like we did here in my neck of the woods?! I have some awesome pictures of all the snow we got and thankfully my son and his friend were here to dig me out! Some of the snow drifts were chest deep on me! I love, love, love your snowflake card. You are right in that Art Philosophy has some amazing snowflakes on it. They are so fun and look great on this fabulous card! I also love that you watercolored your background. Don't you just love it?!! Hugs, Brenda

moknowsall said...

Loved the snowflake challenge, thanks for hosting this week. Beautiful card - the snowflake on the left is my favorite - I've cut it several times. I have yet to try watercolor, it's on my list to try......Stay warm.

maureen

Caroline said...

Oh, so the big snowstorm is your fault, lol. So glad we didn't get it here in Illinois. Your snowflake card is so pretty. I love the watercolor background and those beautiful snowflakes!