Monday, January 4, 2016

Baby It's Cold Outside


Hello friends! Happy New Year!   I have been on a blogger break as I enjoyed Christmas and New Year, but now it is time to get back to paper crafting and blogging.  And what better way than to share today's Bitten By the Bug 2 Cricut Challenge layout.  

Our challenge this week came from our design team super scrapbooker and wonderful person, Michelle.  Michelle's challenge was to use a Snowman on a project.  The design team did a great job channeling their inner Frosty and created some adorable cards and layouts.  As most of you know, snow is a rare occurrence here in South Carolina, but it does happen.  So whether it be this winter or next, I now am ready with a pre-made layout for Avaleigh's first snow adventure! 

I used three Cricut cartridges to create today's layout: Christmas Kitsch for the snowman, Winter Lace for the snowflakes, and Family Album for several other elements.  I just love this Christmas Kitsch snowman; he looks so completely happy!   I wanted to cut the snowmen in light, light blue card stock, but as I never found a tint light enough, I used white card stock and light blue ink.

I finished my layout with additional touches of light blue ink and Close To My Heart gem embellishments.   I shouldn't admit it, but I have a box of completed but picture-less layouts to which this layout will be added.  Come our first snow, this baby will be covered in cute Avaleigh photos!


I hope now that we are all back to our regular schedules (or almost all back to normal) that you too will find time this week to join us at Bitten By the Bug 2 for the Frosty the Snowman challenge.  Use any Cricut cut snowman on a project and share it at the BBTB2 blog via the linky.  We get so excited when you join us.  How about challenging yourself to join us for each weekly challenge this year?   And, by the way, if you have not already done so, please go by Bitten By the Bug 2 and check out the fabulous frosty projects the design created!!  

Thanks for stopping by today!!

6 comments:

Caroline said...

Avaleigh's pictures will look so cute in this layout. This is a very happy snowman, the mittens and earmuffs make him look so cute. The snowflakes are so pretty, also. I am sure it will be such fun to see Avaleigh playing in the snow! Grands are so fabulous!

Sharon said...

Loving this layout Susan!! The blue ink on the snowman is great! Love all of the snowflakes and bling!! Perfect layout for the perfect pictures you will get of Avaleigh!!!! :)

moknowsall said...

oh - my favorite snowman - great layout - I have that 'baby its cold outside' sentiment coming soon. Love it --- hope you get a little snow, because we never see any here in the SF area. We have to travel at least 2.5 hours. Beautiful layout. I guess you could add Xmas pictures if you wanted.

maureen

Laurie Levorson said...

Gotta love a retro looking snowman! The older I get, the less I appreciate the cold and snow of a Nebraska winter. As I've said before, paper snowman are much nicer than the real ones!

Glenda said...

Beautiful layout! The Christmas Kitsch snowman is my favorite too!
The current challenge at My Sheri Crafts is to include a snowman!
Would love for you to share this beautiful layout with us!

Happy New Year!
Glenda's Cards


















w

Scrapping Girl said...

Love this snowman-he does look super happy and playful! Such a cute layout! Isn't it just so much fun designing with Avaleigh in mind? All the pics of her are darling, she is so photogenic! I will be emailing you tomorrow with my CTMH order!
:)
Michelle