Monday, December 21, 2015

Santa Claus IS Coming To Town


Hello friends!  Welcome to our Christmas week Bitten by the Bug 2 challenge!  My amazing Design Team sister, Melanie, has challenged us to use a Cricut cut Santa Claus on our project this week.  Going with the gift wrap projects I have been posting, I created four Santa Clause embellished gift tags. I used five Cricut Cartridges to create my four gift tags:  Artiste, Doodlecharms, Christmas Kitsch, Holly and Ivy, and A Quilted Christmas.  



My first tag is this fun Christmas bulb shaped tag.  I used the bulb shape from Doodlecharms and added the Santa from Christmas Kitsch.  


My second tag uses the Santa from A Quilted Christmas and a tag shape from Artiste.




For the third gift tag I used the same Santa from Christmas Kitsch.  This time he is on a basic tag shape from Artiste.


My fourth and final tag again used the Quilted Christmas Santa, the HoHoHo from Artiste, and the snow globe cut from the Holly and Ivy cartridge.  I deleted the center of the original snow globe and created my own globe fill.



I thought you might like to see one of the tags on a actual package.  Above is one of my Santas on a cute package with gift wrap that features Santa's wardrobe!  It is "To:  Dad / From:  Duncan".

I know this is a busy week for a lot of you.  My week is actually going to slow down some.  Avaleigh's parents are out of school on break so I will not be providing childcare, and my mom is visiting my brother's family for Christmas so I will have more free time this week.  I should actually have more time to spend in my scrap room, at least for couple of days (which I hope to spend CLEANING the craftroom).  

I hope you too can find some time to craft this week.  Please take a few minutes and join us in the Bitten By The Bug 2 Santa Claus challenge.  Create you NEW Cricut project and link in to the original post at BBTB2.



5 comments:

Caroline said...

Oh, how awesome to have some crafty time! Your tags are so amazing. I love each one of them. Cute santas on all. Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

moknowsall said...

Beautiful cheerful tags.You could even put those tags onto scrapbook pages with the person who got that present... Wow.... I love that Christmas Kitsch cart just for that Santa. Love his vintage look - but I don't have it...yet... Thanks for all you do for us at BBTB2 - I really enjoy the challenge to myself and sharing with others. Can you believe I have been here for two years? Merry Christmas to you and your family.
Maureen

Sharon said...

Your Santa tags are wonderful Susan!! Love the Santa images that you used! Merry Christmas to you and your family!!!! :)

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

HoHoHo! Like the Santa tags.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"

Scrapping Girl said...

Good luck with the craft room cleaning project! I could sure use to do that in mine as well….but probably not gonna happen! I am dying to get into my craft room to create-I have so many projects I want to do-and I'm looking forward to doing just that after Christmas is over, because I don't have to work until New Year's Eve so we are having a little stay-cation!

The tags are super super super cute-I had planned to knock out a few tags and decorate, but time has gotten away from me. I am expecting to get some Christmas cash, so you will probably hear from me after Christmas with an order, as I have a wish list a mile long! Son #2 actually wants some of the watercolor paints (he is my artistic one). I hope you have a very Merry Christmas with your family and thanks for all you do to keep us together at BBTB2! It is much appreciated!
:)
Michelle