Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Last Minute Projects and Get Togethers


Hello friends! I am back today to share a couple of projects and a few photos of Christmas fun.  I am going to begin by sharing my cookie box (okay, really it is Mary and Leo at SVGCuts Cookie box).  I used the Cricut Explore and imported this great box.  I sized the box to be seven and a half inches around.



Our next door neighbors are leaving today to visit their son and daughter-in-law in Charlotte.  They will be gone until after Christmas, so their cookie box had to be delivered last night.  

I used SVGcuts' great cookie box to hold their treats.  After cutting out the pieces, I found instructions for assembly on YouTube.  This box went together so easily and I am very happy with it.


I like this box so much that I plan to make more for the other neighbors.  Of course I will also be making more cookies as the first batches of each cookie served Doug's co-workers, our weekend visitors, the first set of neighbors, and Doug and I nibbling (so bad for my diet)!


With so many commitments through the holidays, I was pleased to have the time to attend a fun lunch get together hosted by my friend Suzanne.  There were ten of us who gathered to share the friendship and the season.


I confess that I had to photoshop myself (kneeling on a stool) into the this photo.  We wanted full group photos, but we did not have an extra person.  I could not believe that I forgot my camera and was forced to use my iPhone camera.  Not too bad, really.  Using Paint.net, I was able to cut myself out of another photo and insert myself into this photograph.  Starting at the far left bottom, we have: Toby, me, Susan, Kathy, Beth, Jenny, Jan, Suzanne, Lila, and Sally.


This last weekend Doug and I thoroughly enjoyed a fun visit from his brother and sister-in-law.  I just love these two so much.  We really did not do anything note worthy, just hung out and enjoyed one another's company.

I will say that they fell in love with Avaleigh.  She charmed and entertained them and they were completely smitten!



One last item to share today, the Hershey chocolate bar treats I made for John and Bethany's students.  This was a very easy project and I was very pleased with how they came out and that the children really liked their snowman treats.

I hope to get back again before Christmas, though if I do not, I would like to wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas!!  


1 comment:

Caroline said...

Beautiful cookie box and just look at all those yummy treats inside. What a beautiful gift!