Monday, December 7, 2015

Deer Me Snowglobe Tag

Hello friends, welcome to this week's Bitten By The Bug 2 Cricut challenge, another fun Christmas themed week.  My sweet and talented Design Sister (because truly, they all ARE), Lynn challenged us to create a Christmas project featuring a bird or animal.   
I used three Cricut cartridges on my Christmas Tag:  Cindy Loo, Photo Props, and Winter and Ivy.  The two deer were cut using the Cindy Loo cartridge.  I cut the blue deer a bit larger than the pink to coordinate with their gender color assignments.  The snow globe was cut using the globe on the Winter and Ivey cartridge.  I love the background on this snow globe.  I used the globe cut to create other Christmas tags this season also.  The North Pole sign was cut using the Photo Props cartridge.  It is cuts like those from Winter and Ivey and Photo Props that make me appreciate my subscription to Design Space.   
The card is assembled in layers with pop dots added for dimension under the deer. I added white dashes to the globe edges and a glint of white in the eyes of the deer.  Detailing this tag was very simple.  The base of the snow globe provided a perfect location to add the two/from wording.   And best of all, it looks fabulous on its Christmas package!   
I am loving our Christmas themed challenge at Bitten By The Bug 2.  Although I am not posting to my blog as regularly as I should be, I am getting so much paper crafting done and have been so inspired by the last two and next two challenges.  I hope that you make time to join us in the weekly challenges as you too might be inspired!


This month you can purchase the Everyday Life Album, the 2016 Everyday Life planner pages and the coordinating Everyday Life roller stamp at a discounted bundle purchase price!
1512-cc-planners-gonna-plan-us
Hey-o, planner addicts! During December, you can get the new, gorgeous Everyday Life album from Close To My Heart, the accompanying Everyday Life 2016 planner pages, and the coordinating Everyday Life Perfect Plan roller stamp in an exclusive product bundle for only $29.95 USD/$35.95 CAD. That’s over 15% off the retail price! With the new Everyday Life line, you’ll experience “memory keeping on the go” as you track your water intake, stamp reminders, keep appointments, and tuck away precious memories—plus much more—all at once! This offer is only available while supplies last, so plan to place your order early in the month and start 2016 off right.
The bundle offered in this campaign includes the following:
Z3208 -Everyday LifeTM Album—Black ($10.95 USD/$13.25 CAD)
Z3209 – Everyday LifeTM 2016 Planner Pages ($15.95 USD/$18.95 CAD)
Z3212 – Everyday LifeTM Perfect Plan Roller Stamp ($8.95 USD/$10.50CAD)
The album is a black hardcover 3-ring album with gold foil designs. It measures 9 3/8” x 8 1⁄4” x 1 1⁄2.”
The 2016 planner pages consist of 154 pages, including 1 pocket folder page, 12 monthly dividers with tabs, 1 designed page finder, and 4 sheets of stickers. The pages are 3-ring hole punched and measure 8 3/8” x 6 7/8.” The pages include both monthly and weekly spreads that begin January 2016 and run through December 2016.

December 2015 Stamp of the Month

CTMH is offering this adorable stamp set called “Candlelight Garden” for the month of December.  This set has 10 images to use on your projects.
Candlelight Garden – December 2015 Stamp of the Month Item Number- S1512
The Stamp of the Month Program allows you to purchase a new D-size stamp set, available for one month only, for just $5—that’s over 70% off retail! When you place an order of $50 or more in Close To My Heart products, you qualify for this special Stamp of the Month pricing. You can also purchase the stamp set at the regular retail price ($17.95) with no minimum purchase required.

5 comments:

Caroline said...

Ohhhh, I love, love this tag. These deer are just adorable in your snow globe. I love the quilted look. I hope you give this to someone who will not throw it away. I sure wouldn't!!

Sharon said...

Your Christmas tag is just darling Susan!! Love the sweet deer!!! :)

Laurie Levorson said...

Susan, your tag is adorable! Those cute deer are just perfect in the snow globe. I love it!

Lynn B. said...

This is so cute, those are some of my favorite Cricut animals of all time! I've never seen that snow globe, gonna check it out.

moknowsall said...

One of my first Christmas cuts was a snow globe with an angel inside. I like your version, so festive. can I shake it and make it snow? Lovely.

Maureen