Monday, November 2, 2015

Thanksgiving Door Card


Hello friends.  Can you believe it is November already?  I hate to sound old, but.... If the shoe fits....  

Today I am sharing my Bitten By The Bug 2 project for the week.  Our French Design Team sister, Dany, selected this week's Cricut Challenge cut.  Dany asked us to use Pumpkins on a fall themed project.  With Thanksgiving just around the corner, I have started on my Thanksgiving cards - something I never sent out before becoming a paper crafter!


I used three Cricut Cartridges to create this project, along with other materials.  The door was cut by hand, as were the panels.  I used black ink on the door and door panel edges.  The door handle was cut using the French Manor cartridge.  I love that door handle.  The pumpkins were cut using the Pooh and Friends cartridge.  I took three of the negative cut areas from the orange part of the pumpkins to make additional swirls for the top of the pumpkins.


The wreath was made using a die and stamp set I purchased from a friend.  I am really enjoying using this set, you may have seen the Christmas cards I created with this previously.  The banner and "Happy Thanksgiving" sentiment were created with the Cricut also.  The banner was cut from the Close To My Heart Artistry cartridge.  I used a font on my computer and had the Cricut write the sentiment on the banner.


This card actually looks even better in real life.  I had difficulty getting the card to photograph true to color.

I hope that you can find some time this week to join us in our fall pumpkin challenge at Bitten By The Bug 2.  Our design team loves to see your ideas on our weekly challenges.



Not only is today the first Bitten By The Bug 2 challenge of November, it is also a new month and new monthly specials at Close To My Heart.  

This month's Stamp of the Month will be perfect for your New Year projects as well as dating your scrapbook layouts!



The November Special is a scrapbookers jackpot:   Purchase a special "MY LEGACY" album bundle during November, and receive a value pack of Memory Protectors FREE.  


What is in the My Legacy scrapbook bundle?  

Along with the album style and design of your choice, each bundle includes one Paper Fundamentals Enchantment pack, one Fundamental stickers Enchantment pack, one Peacock Fundamental assortment, and three sheets of White Daisy card stock. You will then be set to turn these beautiful products into fabulous layouts using the new Simply Fundamental Scrapbooking workshop featuring five layouts you can make using all the supplies in your bundle, all for $71.80.

What can you make with the My Legacy scrapbook bundle?  Lots of fabulous layouts!!







2 comments:

moknowsall said...

Fabulous holiday card. Love that door knob and wreath too. Change it up a bit and you could make that same card for any holiday....
maureen

Caroline said...

Well, this card looks mighty fine just the way it is. That wreath is so beautiful hanging on your door. And of course, I love those pumpkins. Beautiful fall card. I would love getting this one, lol.