Monday, November 23, 2015

Give Thanks Card


Hey there, friends!  Happy Thanksgiving week to those in the States.  Today I am sharing my card for this week's Cricut Challenge at Bitten By the Bug 2.  My sweet and talented Design Team sister, L.B., is hosting this week's challenge.  L.B. asked the team to use the word THANKS on a project. Thanksgiving is about being thankful for family, friends, and all that we have in our lives, and L.B. wanted to encourage all of us to be filled with Thanks!

I used two Cricut cartridges to create this simple card, Thanksgiving and Martha Stewart Seasonal Cake Art.  I love the wheat cut from the Thanksgiving cartridge, so fall like.  I always think of the harvest at Thanksgiving time.  The phrase Give Thanks was cut using MS Seasonal cake art.  There are some really great cuts on those cake cartridges!

I used overlapping layers of scraps from my stash to create the background matting for my card.  I wanted to keep it simple, yet add a bit of color.  I achieved that by adding a sprinkling of colorful sequins.



If you have not already done so, I invite you to go by the Bitten by the Bug 2 blog and check out the wonderful projects my design team sisters have created.  Also, if you have time, please share your Thanks projects with us!

We should have a quite Thanksgiving this year.  It is our year to have our adult children on Christmas day, so the in-laws will be hosting Thanksgiving this year.  Mom, Doug, and I are planning a quite day together.

Just in case I do not post again this week, I wish all of you who will be celebrating a wonderful time with friends, family, or whomever you will be spending your day.  I am thankful that each of you supports my blog and this crafting side of my life!!

Happy Thanksgiving!

8 comments:

Caroline said...

This wheat cut is so pretty! Brings me right back to my farm daus, growing up. I love your paper choices and the wording. Happy Thanksgiving to you too!

Caroline said...

This wheat cut is so pretty! Brings me right back to my farm daus, growing up. I love your paper choices and the wording. Happy Thanksgiving to you too!

danyscrap said...

so cute!! Bravo!!

Glenda said...

Pretty card! Love the pretty papers and images!
Happy Thanksgiving!

Glenda

Sharon said...

What an awesome card!! Love the wheat cuts and the different layers!! Love it!!!!
Hope ya'll have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!! :)

moknowsall said...

I love that wheat cut but haven't used it yet. Great fall card, and that little touch of bling makes it perfect.

have a great Thanksgiving.

Maureen

Scrapping Girl said...

Susan, love the wheat cut! The bling is the perfect addition! I hope you have a lovely Thanksgiving day with Doug and your mom. I am very thankful and appreciative of getting to blog with you at BBTB2 and I am thankful to you for giving me the opportunity. I enjoy the creative outlet and wonderful team atmosphere very much. All your many contributions to the making things run smoothly are appreciated!
:)
Michelle

Laurie Levorson said...

Susan, your card is just perfect! I really like how you built your background with the paper scraps and the colors and cricut cuts go so nicely together! Hope you had a great Thanksgiving. We had to postpone our dinner until Saturday because of an ice storm in southeast Nebraska.