Monday, November 16, 2015

Fall Leaves Shaker Card


Hello friends!  Today is Monday and that means it is time for another Bitten By The Bug 2 Cricut Challenge.  This week's challenge was selected by my talented Design Team sister, Kelly.  Kelly challenged the Design Team to use Cricut cut "LEAVES" on a a fall project.   I chose to make a shaker card using the Art Philosophy cartridge.

I used the cut out leaf card front on the Art Philosophy cartridge as well as four additional leaves.   After cutting the leaves, I used an embossing pen on the edges of the leaves outlines and veins then added embossing powder and heated.  I like the shiny finish the embossing gives the leaves.

I cut off the back of the card and applied the leaves and the window to the front of the card.  I then added the shaker fill and back.  I took the front of the card and mounted it onto a printed matting and a deep red card front.  


Using to the fonts on my computer and the add text feature, I created the Happy Thanksgiving cut. After affixing the words to the card front, I added CTMH sequins.  I finished the card with white gel pen doodling.  


I would like to invite you to join us in this week's Cricut Leaf Challenge at Bitten By The Bug 2.  Create your own fall leaf project and post under the original challenge at the BBTB2 blog.


This month's Stamp of the Month will be perfect for your New Year projects as well as dating your scrapbook layouts!



The November Special is a scrapbookers jackpot:   Purchase a special "MY LEGACY" album bundle during November, and receive a value pack of Memory Protectors FREE.  


What is in the My Legacy scrapbook bundle?  

Along with the album style and design of your choice, each bundle includes 
  • one Paper Fundamentals Enchantment pack, 
  • one Fundamental stickers Enchantment pack, 
  • one Peacock Fundamental assortment, and 
  • three sheets of White Daisy card stock. 
You will then be set to turn these beautiful products into fabulous layouts using the new Simply Fundamental Scrapbooking workshop featuring five layouts you can make using all the supplies in your bundle, all for $71.80.




4 comments:

Scrapping Girl said...

Love shaker cards-it must be the little kid in me, but I cannot resist shaking them nonstop! The embossing adds that perfect touch! Hope you are set to have a good week. We are all sick and miserable-I am in bed with two kids home from school today curled up with me sniffling and coughing. I making homemade chicken soup and hoping for a miracle cure, LOL!
:)
Michelle

Beckie Williams said...

This is just adorable. You made an awesome shaker card!!

Caroline said...

Your fall leaves are so pretty with the glittered edges!! I love the shaker card and all the beautiful papers. This is truly a beautiful card!

Sharon said...

Love your card Susan!! Those leaves are just beautiful and I really love the shaker one!!!! :)