Monday, November 9, 2015

Colorful Fall Wreath Card


Hello friends, welcome to this week's Bitten by the Bug 2 challenge post.  My fantastic Design Team sister, Emily, is in charge of this week's challenge.  Emily asked the team to create projects using the colors of fall: browns, reds, oranges, golds, etc.  Great seasonal challenge idea, Emily!!!

I used three cartridge to create this colorful fall wreath card.   The wreath was cut using using a fall wreath from the Close To My Heart Artistry cartridge.  I then sized the individual leaf cuts, also on Artistry, to fit the wreath.  I found the acorns on the Close To My Heart Art Philosophy cartridge, and again I sized the acorns to fit the wreath.

The Give Thanks sentiment was cut using Martha Stewart's Season Cake Art cartridge.  I may not make Cricut decorated cakes (or any other kind of cake for that matter!) any more, but the cartridges are wonderful for paper crafting.  

The card stock is all Close To My Heart card stock, which cuts amazingly well on the Cricut.   Love my CTMH card stock colors!

I want to apologize for not leaving comments last week.  My mom, the baby, and I were sharing a virus.  Saturday my daughter-in-law came down with the virus, and today Doug became ill.  I will be happy when this virus hits the road.



I would like to invite you to join our challenge this week.  Create your own project using the spectacular palette of fall colors and link up with us at the Fall Colors challenge over at the Bitten By The Bug 2 blog.

This month's Stamp of the Month will be perfect for your New Year projects as well as dating your scrapbook layouts!



The November Special is a scrapbookers jackpot:   Purchase a special "MY LEGACY" album bundle during November, and receive a value pack of Memory Protectors FREE.  


What is in the My Legacy scrapbook bundle?  

Along with the album style and design of your choice, each bundle includes 
  • one Paper Fundamentals Enchantment pack, 
  • one Fundamental stickers Enchantment pack, 
  • one Peacock Fundamental assortment, and 
  • three sheets of White Daisy card stock. 
You will then be set to turn these beautiful products into fabulous layouts using the new Simply Fundamental Scrapbooking workshop featuring five layouts you can make using all the supplies in your bundle, all for $71.80.


7 comments:

Caroline said...

So sorry that your family has not been feeling well. This wreath card is beautiful. I love the wreath cut and all the beautiful colored leaves and acorns. The bow is so pretty, too.

Sharon said...

Hope that virus takes a hike and leaves ya'll alone real soon!!!
I so love your card! The wreath is fantastic and I love the sentiment. And that big bow is just wonderful!!!! :)

moknowsall said...

Keeping with the wreath theme I see..... So beautiful and bright.

Beckie Williams said...

I think this is adorable. I love the use of your colors!!

Kim S said...

Pretty Card!

Sue Reynolds said...

The combination of colors are so vivid and the contrasting black and white ribbon is such a nice embellishment to the card. I will be looking into this die-cut on cricut and you will be seeing it on a future card. Lovely.

Scrapping Girl said...

Blah to nasty viruses! I know first hand how miserable family sharing is in this situation. We are all sharing one here too. In fact, I am higher than a kite on steroids right now! I'm hoping some Nyquil will bring restful sleep for at least some of us. Hope Miss Avaleigh wasn't too cranky while sick and hope the rest of you recover.

Love your card so much-the wreath looks beautiful with all the colorful leaves added! I used the stripped down version last week, but I like this even better!!!!
:)
Michelle