Thursday, October 15, 2015

Wreath Christmas Cards in Two Colors



Hello friends.  Yes, yes I really am creating a third blog post this week!  I have Christmas cards to share!!

Last week I decided to get serious about crafting Christmas cards.  I have been making them mostly in sets of ten.  And best of all, I am truly enjoying my Christmas card crafting!!

This set of cards was created using a die and stamp set I recently purchased.  I also used a stitched edge die, another recent addition to my die stash.   I love this stamp set with its three layers of stamps and coordinating dies.  I stamped the wreath in three steps with my MISTI (info on Misti can be found here).  The first stamped image was the full wreath.  I used Close To My Heart Juniper ink to stamp the wreath onto White card stock.  The second stamp was the darker leaves, using CTMH Topiary ink.  And finally, I used Ruby ink and added the berries.



After using the stitch edged die on white card stock card front I stamped the sentiment in two steps.  I had to cut apart the sentiment.  I lined up all three words together on the Misti, then peeled off the word wonderful.  Using Topiary Ink again, I stamped the words HAPPY CHRISTMAS.  I then replaced the word wonderful and removed the other two words.  Using Ruby ink I stamped wonderful on all of the cards.  I have to say that using the Misti really expedites mass production (or in this case, 10 card production) of cards.

I cut the bow and the word Joy using red metallic card stock.  I used mini pop dots to attach the wreath to the white layer.  I chose two different colors of card stock to use as matting on the card fronts.  On the first card used Ruby card stock and the second card used Sweet Leaf card stock.


Thanks for stopping by and checking our my Christmas cards.  I will have more to share with you very soon!!  All of the Close To My Heart products I used to make these cards are linked to my on-line store in the text above.


4 comments:

Sharon said...

Your card is so beautiful Susan!!! Love the red metallic card stock for the bow and 'Joy'. The really pop. And I am really loving how you stamped the sentiment!! :)

Luria said...

Hi Susan

I really loved these cards. Very pretty.

Luria

Caroline said...

Your card is so beautiful. The use of the red metallic paper is so stunning!

Małgorzata Nowak said...

Piękna kartka.Pozdrawiam