Saturday, October 17, 2015

Snowflake SOTM Card


Hey-o friends!  Today I am back with another Christmas card featuring the Close To My Heart Stamp of the Month.  I did mention that I would be posting several projects featuring this stamp set so that you could get an idea of how to use the SOTM.

The October Stamp of the Month coordinates with the Close To My Heart Artiste Cricut Cartridge allowing you to cut the fun ornament shapes prior to stamping.  On this card I used the striped ornament stamp and the "Christmas Love" circle stamp.   I enlarged the long ornament shape so that I could create a base layer and for the circle, I used the round ornament cut.  The ornaments are layered with thin pop dots creating a nice dimension and adding to the texture created by the snowflake embossing.

Shout out to my friend Susan F for allowing me to borrow her Northern Flurries embossing folder to create this card.  The matting card stock is from my stash,  The top layer of the card has a slight shimmery effect and is left over card stock from Bethany's wedding invitations.  I finished the card with stickles, gems, and sequins.  


The October Stamp of the Month is a limited edition stamp set, available on through October 31.  It retails for $17.95 as a stand alone set, or with a $50.00 CTMH order you can add the Stamp of the Month to your cart during checkout for only $5.00!!  


2 comments:

Susan Falendysz said...

So glad you are able to use the Snow Flurries embossing folder! This is a gorgeous card!!

Sharon said...

Beautiful card Susan!! Love the ornaments and that wonderful embossing folder!!! :)