Monday, October 19, 2015

I Believe Breast Cancer Awareness Card


Hello everyone.  Today I am sharing this week's very special Bitten By The Bug 2 Cricut Challenge. October is National Breast Cancer Awareness Month and each year the BBTB2 Design Team holds a Breast Cancer Awareness Cricut challenge.  We hope that our efforts might make others more aware of the Breast Cancer statistics and might encourage others to take positive steps in early detection of Breast Cancer.  Please do complete Breast Self-Exams and, if you are over forty, go for an annual mammogram!


I am hosting this week's challenge and I asked the design team to use either Pink Lingerie or a Lady and create a Breast Cancer Awareness project using their Cricut.  I used three cartridges to create my card:  Forever Young, Pink Journey, and Art Deco.  I also used the Audrey Hepburn saying that I found in Cricut Design Space.  


I love this saying and how it emphases why we need early detection:  with early detection their is hope for tomorrow and a miracle.  I used a Cricut pen and had the Explore write the sentiment on to white card stock.  I cut the word PINK and MIRACLES using the Explore.


My pink ribbon lady uses three cartridges.  The ribbon is from Pink Journey and I attached the arms from one of the women on Art Deco to my ribbon.  Isn't she fabulous?  I then sized the PINK lingerie from Forever Young to fit the ribbon woman. 

After affixing the ribbon to the card front, I added two layers of pink matting before gluing the layers onto the card front.  I added pink pearls and a white lace paper clip embellishment.  Inside my card is another pink ribbon, with plenty of space left for writing an encouraging message.



I would like to invite you to join us in this week's challenge.  We are hopeful that our efforts my inspire others to remember to take care of themselves.  The more Cricut users we can have join our challenge, the more people that will see the posts on all of our blogs, and perhaps spread the word even further.  Please join us at Bitten By The Bug 2 this week!!





6 comments:

Caroline said...

Oh my goodness, I love how you put lingerie on your ribbon lady. What a great idea!! The saying is so fabulous!! This challenge was so wonderful to bring attention to women's health.

Lynn B. said...

This is so creative, I love the arms on the ribbon. The quote is a perfect complement to the image. Great job!

Sharon said...

This is totally awesome Susan!!! Love your 'ribbon lady'!!!! :)

Laurie Levorson said...

Susan, your card is awesome! Such a cute idea to dress the ribbon with the lingerie! I may have to use that saying on a card for my sister who was just diagnosed with breast cancer two weeks ago. Such a great challenge theme for a great cause!

moknowsall said...

enjoying your card - the saying, the paper, the thought that went into it - all are perfect. I send out breast cancer cards too, just to say 'thanks for the courage and strength" the person has to get over the difficult time in their life.

maureen

L.B. said...

love the lettering and the ribbon dressed up