Monday, October 5, 2015

Hello Kitty Halloween Layout



Hello friends, Susan here in soggy South Carolina.  I am not sure who or what ticked off Mother Nature, but really, enough already!  Areas of the state are truly disaster areas.  We are fortunate that we were on the side of the storm - still in the red and orange on the weather map - but not in the dark red area.  We are also fortunate that we live on high ground!!!   I know that many, many residents of the state are flooded out and I feel so bad for them. 

So with the rain falling seemingly non-stop over the weekend, I had plenty of time to plan and work on my Bitten By the Bug 2 project for today.  Our very talented Melanie selected today's challenge, Halloween!  I do love Halloween.  Christmas is still my favorite holiday, but Halloween is very near the top of the list!  I know that Bethany and John purchased a darling outfit for Avaleigh to wear for Halloween, so I "pre-scrapped" her Halloween layout!


I used four Cricut Cartridges to make this layout:  Creepy Critters, Hello Kitty Greetings, Holiday Cakes, and Nursery Rhymes.  The card stock is from my Halloween stash, SEI Halloween paper from a few years ago, Close To My Heart solid card stock, and assorted generic card stock.    


The fun spooky house was cut using the Creepy Critters cartridge from my Design Studio subscription.  I used fun argyle paper for the top layers on the house.  The trio of pumpkins sitting on the porch are from the Holiday Cakes cartridge.  


I used the title, Boo to you, which is an SVG.  The polka-dot B, the little ghost, and a pumpkin (I substituted a larger pumpkin for one of the Os) spell Boo.  I just love the girly little ghost and I added the date, using the font on Nursery Rhymes, to the pumpkin.


I two pumpkins are a different SVG, which I did a lot of editing to.  I added an A to the circle on the large pumpkin - A for Avaleigh.  The A was also cut with Nursery Rhymes font.


And because she is so stinkin' cute, I added two Halloween Hello Kitty's to the layout.  I just love this version of Kitty.

I added pen work and gems to the layout.  All of the photos are double matted.  I will just need to select photos, trim, and adhere down.  And I will need to add some journaling under the large A pumpkin.



This is the point in our post where I would invite you to join us in the weekly challenge.  However, we are making a change and Bitten by the Bug 2 will be a "for inspiration only" blog while we address a few issues.  I hope that you continue to visit the blog and the design team members' blogs.  



  I ALWAYS love the October Stamp of the Month because each year there is a special Christmas Stamp Set available October 1 - 31 only!  I really like this year's stamp.  It will brighten up your holiday crafting with the fun light stamps, Christmas bulb, and sentiments!


The stamp set retails and can be purchased at the issue price of $17.95.  Or, with a $50 Close To My Heart order, the Stamp of the Month can be added to your cart during checkout for only $5!  


Have YOU ever thought of becoming a Close To My Heart consultant?  Now would be a great time to join a wonderful sisterhood of CTMH consultants.  In October only when you sign up to sell CTMH products, you will receive not only the fabulous kit pictured below, but also as a special bonus, the FABULOUS CTMH Bag pictured in the bottom photo.  This bag is a special issue given to Consultants who attended the Close To My Heart Convention at Disney Land in California!!  






5 comments:

Caroline said...

Avaleigh's pictures will look so cute on this adorable layout. The argyle paper looks amazing on the layout as well as the other papers. I love Hello Kitty and the other cuts. Fun layout. Glad you are safe from the flooding. My sister lives close to Columbia, SC.

Sharon said...

I am so loving this layout Susan!!! The papers are most wonderful! And that house-cute as can be! And who can resist Hello Kitty!!! Love the Boo!!! Avaleigh's photos are going to look great on here!!! :)

Melanie Brown said...

so much wonderful detail on this one! I love it!

moknowsall said...

Adorable - so much going on - I am sure the pictures you add will make it spectacular.

I love that Hello Halloween Kitty - I've used her several times.

Maureen

Sue said...

Your scrapbook layout is sooooo cute. Saw the BBTB2 Challenge through moknowsall blog and was cruising through and was impressed the design team creations. Sad to say, there will be no more challenges or links to this challenge, it seemed to be one that I was particularly interested in because it has my two loves, Cricut and CTMH, both which my daughter hooked me on.