Monday, October 26, 2015

Halloween Classroom Treats


Hello friends!  Today I am sharing the Halloween Treats I made for my daughter and son-in-law to give to their students.   And as luck would have it, this project also works for our Bitten By The Bug 2 challenge this week, GOING BATTY!  Our darling Caroline challenged us to use a BAT on our project this week.  There are some great bat cuts in the Cricut library, but I chose to use the Bat sucker holder on the Creepy Critters cartridge.


The cut file for the basic Halloween sucker holders are available as a full set in Cricut Design Space.  The files are pre-sized to fit most standard suckers.  I used Charms Blow Pops, though Tootsie Pops would also fit nicely.  

I recolored a couple of the pieces in the cut file.  I also added my own cuts to personalize the sucker holders.  I added the banner to the spider's web, the bows to the skeleton, and the bow to the pumpkin.  I used the Close To My Heart Artistry cartridge to cut the personalized cuts.


I think the addition of Halloween printed card stock really added to my sucker holders.  I especially like the skeleton now.  I was pleased with the pumpkin as well.  I wanted to make two of the cuts a bit more "girly".  

I finished the sucker holders with white pen doodling and some white stamping.  I found a small Close To My Heart Happy Halloween stamp that fit nicely!


I used a variety of Close To My Heart card stock on this project.  I love the way the Cricut cuts the CTMH card stock.  The card stock is sold in packages of 25 12 x 12 inch sheets.  To see the variety of colors available, CLICK HERE!


I hope that you find time to join us for this week's Batty Challenge at BBTB2.  Please use the Cricut to create you Bat project then link up with us at BBTB2.  We love it when you join our challenges.



 Close to My Heart October Stamp of the Month 

You have only a few days left to purchase your copy of the October Stamp of the Month.  Over the last couple of weeks I have posted projects using this fun stamp set.  I hope that you jump on this!!

Also, if you have ever thought about becoming a Close To My Heart Consultant, NOW is the time.  Again, the deal below is available on through Oct 31.  Do not delay!!

ALWAYS love the October Stamp of the Month because each year there is a special Christmas Stamp Set available October 1 - 31 only!  I really like this year's stamp.  It will brighten up your holiday crafting with the fun light stamps, Christmas bulb, and sentiments!


The stamp set retails and can be purchased at the issue price of $17.95.  Or, with a $50 Close To My Heart order, the Stamp of the Month can be added to your cart during checkout for only $5!  


Have YOU ever thought of becoming a Close To My Heart consultant?  Now would be a great time to join a wonderful sisterhood of CTMH consultants.  In October only when you sign up to sell CTMH products, you will receive not only the fabulous kit pictured below, but also as a special bonus, the FABULOUS CTMH Bag pictured in the bottom photo.  This bag is a special issue given to Consultants who attended the Close To My Heart Convention at Disney Land in California!!  




7 comments:

Caroline said...

How many of these did you have to make? These sucker holders are absolutely amazingly adorable!! The kids will love, love these. I love your doodling, too. Oh my goodness, I want one too, lol.

Sharon said...

These are totally awesome Susan!!! I so love them!! And I'm sure the students are going to, too!!!! :)

Beckie Williams said...

These are just so darn adorable .... love love love

Glenda said...

Great looking treat holders! Doodling and white stamping accents perfectly! I am sure the kids will enjoy them!

Glenda

Sue said...

These are so adorable, and the sucker stick being used for a banner or to/from tag is a great idea for a party.

Lynn B. said...

Oh man, these turned out so cute! I was tempted to try them but didn't have time. I'm sure the students will love them.

Scrapping Girl said...

OMG-so cute!!!!! I bet the classes went crazy for them! You are so very creative. I agree the addition of the print paper with the bows for the "girls" really added the pizzazz! Hope you have a great Halloween! Everyone here has trick or treated early so the parents can be home in time to watch the World Series game at 7:00. Earliest trick or treaters I've seen in years!!!!!
:)
Michelle