Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Christmas Card with October's Stamp of the Month


Hey there!  I am back today to share a new Christmas card.  So you know how I keep telling you how great this month's Close To My Heart Stamp of the Month is, right?  Well I decided it was time to SHOW you how fabulous this SOTM set really is.  Over the next couple of weeks I will be posting a few projects created with this stamp set.  Today's very easy card is kicking off the series.

I used Close To My Heart white cards, white card stock, Ruby card stock, and Ruby ink to create this card.  The stamp set coordinates with Close To My Heart's Artiste Cartridge.  I cut the ornaments using the images from the cartridge, two red background ornaments and four white tops.  I stamped two copies of each of my ornaments, just in case I messed up one of them.  

After assembling my card elements and stamping the light strand I decided to make use of the extra stamped ornaments.  I cut them down in size and glued them to the outside edges of the top layer of card.  I feel like this gave the card a "fuller" look.

I finished the card with gems and clear Stickles.

The October Stamp of the Month sets are always amazing.  Do not miss out on this one!!



1 comment:

Sharon said...

This is most fabulous Susan!! Loving these ornaments. But I do have to say that the bulbs are my most favorite!!! :)