Monday, October 12, 2015

Canadian Thanksgiving Turkeys


Hello friends, welcome to this week's Bitten By the Bug 2 Cricut Cut challenge.  Our challenge this week offers an homage to our neighbors to the north as they celebrate Canadian Thanksgiving this week!  Our challenge was to create a project using a Cricut cut turkey.

I used three Cricut Cartridges to create this card, Animal Kingdom, Doodlecharms, and Word Collage, as well as a punch.    I cut the three connected Turkeys from Animal Kingdom.  I used a white pen and markers to highlight the turkey's features and a branch punch from my stash to create their colorful feathers.  These poor guys look terrified!


I used a copper color Cricut pen in my Cricut Explore along with the Thanksgiving image from the Word Collage cartridge to create the background for my turkeys.  I love the way the Explore writes!!  I finished the background by adding green to the leaves in the background image.


Inside the card I added three turkeys, all roasted up, from Doodlecharms.  My poor turkeys were right to look nervous!  I added a few feather accents.  All of the card stock used on this card is from my Close To My Heart on-line store.  I love CTMH card stock!!  It cuts wonderfully on the Cricut.


So I have BIG NEWS!!!!  I am happy to report that Bitten by the Bug 2 is once again a challenge blog, complete with a link tool for you to join our challenges!!    We are back today with a new look and a new challenge.  We sincerely hope that you make time this week to join us at BBTB2!!!

 Close to My Heart October Stamp of the Month 


ALWAYS love the October Stamp of the Month because each year there is a special Christmas Stamp Set available October 1 - 31 only!  I really like this year's stamp.  It will brighten up your holiday crafting with the fun light stamps, Christmas bulb, and sentiments!


The stamp set retails and can be purchased at the issue price of $17.95.  Or, with a $50 Close To My Heart order, the Stamp of the Month can be added to your cart during checkout for only $5!  


Have YOU ever thought of becoming a Close To My Heart consultant?  Now would be a great time to join a wonderful sisterhood of CTMH consultants.  In October only when you sign up to sell CTMH products, you will receive not only the fabulous kit pictured below, but also as a special bonus, the FABULOUS CTMH Bag pictured in the bottom photo.  This bag is a special issue given to Consultants who attended the Close To My Heart Convention at Disney Land in California!!  









7 comments:

Scrapping Girl said...

I would almost feel sorry for the poor turkeys…but they look pretty fine all roasted up on the inside, LOL! The copper pen word collage looks gorgeous-what a great background! Thanks for all your hard work on the blog-the new header looks great. I am pretty clueless on how to do all that kind of stuff, so I'm very impressed you can do it-definitely a gal of many talents!
:)
Michelle

Sharon said...

So loving your card Susan!!! The collage bg is awesome!!! I thought, 'Those poor turkeys are terrified of an ax coming at them,' and there they are on the inside with good reason to be so scared!!!! :)

Scrapper69 said...

This is such a lovely Card Susan! :)

Theresa
Theresa’s Crafty Creations

Caroline said...

Your turkeys certainly were right to be terrified! Your word art looks fantastic as well as those terrified turkeys, lol. I love how you used the punch. I would have never thought of that. Beautiful card!

Glenda said...

Pretty card! Gotta love those frightened turkeys! Word art looks great on the card--been wondering how well it would work for card sizes! Thanks for the inspiration!

Happy to see BBTB2 is back with challenges!

Glenda's Cards

Laurie Levorson said...

Needed a chuckle this evening and there it was--in your turkey story! Love your card, especially that word collage background in the lovely copper ink!

moknowsall said...

what a fun blog post - at the turkey's expense! Gobble Gobble.

maureen