Monday, September 28, 2015

Pumpkin Patch Scrapbook Layout


Hello friends!  Welcome to the week's Bitten By The Bug 2 challenge projects.  This week's challenge was selected by my sweet and talented Design Team sister, Michelle.  Because the first day of fall was just a few days ago, Michelle challenged the team (and you!) to create projects using the word Autumn or Fall.  

Since we FINALLY had a few days where the temperature was cooler than 80 degrees (AKA Southern Fall) I decorated the house with fall decor and have begun planning fall activities.  In my anticipation, I called Bethany and asked her if she and John were planning to take Avaleigh to a pumpkin patch.  And of course she guessed the correct answer and said yes.  So, I am pre-scrapping the pages for Avaleigh's first trip to the pumpkin patch!


I used three cartridge and one SVG file to make this layout:  Disney Princesses, Pooh and Friends, and CTMH Artbooking.  The word Autumn and the phrase Family Fun are all from the CTMH Artbooking cartridge.  The bottom corner embellishments, the pumpkins and vines, were cut using Disney Princesses.  The upper corner pumpkins were cut using Pooh and Friends.  And finally, the scarecrow and sign were an SVG file.


I used scallop edged card stock for the background.  However, I thought the print on the card stock was a bit too green, so I cut fall card stock to insert into the middle of the scalloped background paper.  I used a CTMH card stock and assorted Fall themed papers from my stash.


I cut a strip of burlap ribbon to make a narrow strip to embellish the layout.  I thought the natural fiber added to the county fell of the layout.


My SVG set included pumpkins, but I did not use them.  They were too narrow and did not coordinate with the other pumpkins on the layout.


I cannot wait to have Avaliegh's first Pumpkin Patch visit photos to add to this layout!!!

If you have not already done so you should definitely go by the Bitten By The Bug 2 blog and see the fabulous fall/autumn projects my design sisters created.  Oh, and prepare to be wow'ed!!

Before you go, I would like to remind you that there are only a couple of days left to take advantage of the Close To My Heart September Specials!


Have you shopped in our new Annual Inspiration Book/Catalog at Close to my Heart yet?  This is the first month of the new catalog as well as the fall Holiday Expressions mini catalog.  Both of these books are loaded with paper crafting ideas and fabulous products to help you get your crafting on!

I have to share (read BRAG) about one of the layouts in the catalog.  This beautiful wedding layout features a few of my daughter Bethany's wedding photos!! I love this layout and I DO plan to scraplift it!!




September is National Stamping Month

This year Close To My Heart has something to help every kind of papercrafter say a big “hello!” to life!

Available only during the month of September, these exclusive C-size My Acrylix® Hello, Life! stamp sets can be purchased for $13.95 each! Or, for an even better deal, you can purchase all three for only $34.95—a savings of $6.90!

Each stamp set is designed to fit with a specific type of papercrafting, whether that’s traditional scrapbooking, cardmaking, or pocket scrapbooking. However, all the stamp sets coordinate with each other and can be used together to create dynamic artwork. These stamp sets also coordinate with shapes from the new Cricut® Artistry collection to help expand your artwork options even further. Remember, these stamp sets are available for one month only, so get your orders in for one stamp set—or all three—before these gorgeous stamps disappear!


SEPTEMBER STAMP OF THE MONTH 

Each month Close to my Heart features a special D-size stamp set for that month only.  The stamp set retails for $17.95 (and may be ordered for that price), but with a $50 order you may add the stamp set to your cart during check out for only $5.00!!

So what are you waiting for?  Click on the shopping link below and view What's New in my Close to my Heart on-line store!!!

Thank you for SHOPPING with me!

6 comments:

Carole Beath said...

Susan, what precious layouts for your granddaughter. Each holiday will be so precious.

Kelly Plamondon said...

Susan, you inspire me to scrapbook more. However, I've decided I am just going to send you all my pictures and you can do my layouts lol. I can do great cards - but I find scrapbooking overwhelming! You just whip it off! Thank you for sharing your amazing layouts!
-DT Kelly Plamondon

Sharon said...

Awesomeness for sure Susan!!!! I am so loving your layout pages!!! Love the scalloped bg and the papers you added to the middle. They are just perfect. And those cuts are marvelous!!!! Adding the burlap was a wonderful idea. This is just perfect for those photos you are going to have of Avaleigh's Pumpkin Patch visit!!!! :)

Laurie Levorson said...

Susan, your layout is wonderful! I love all your little details like the scalloped border and the burlap trim and the cute Cricut cuts are just perfect. Have fun with your little pumpkin at the patch!

Caroline said...

I love, love this layout. These Winnie the Pooh pumpkins are definitely one of my faves! I also love this scarecrow, so cute! Avaleighs pics will look so fabulous in this layout!

moknowsall said...

Can I borrow this layout? My granddaughter's preschool went to the pumpkin patch yesterday and both grandmas tagged along!!! I know there will be some super cute pictures to grace the spectacular layout.

maureen