Monday, September 7, 2015

Labor Day Cheers to Teacher's Layout


Hello everyone and happy Labor Day.  Labor Day is a day of rest from work for most people here in the US, but it is also a day to honor those in many professions, which is just what we are doing at Bitten By The Bug 2 this week.  My sweet design team sister, Kelly, challenged the Design Team to create a project based on Labor Day or a profession.  Since I have four teacher children/in-laws I decided to celebrate teachers on this Labor Day.


This is a two page 12 x 12 inch layout featuring Bethany and John's school photos from last year.  I have had the photos just sitting around for sometime.  This challenge was the perfect opportunity to find a permanent home for the photos.  

I want to begin by saying that NO, I do not need a color wheel - I need to make decisions sooner!  I know my layout is a hodge-podge of colors, but that is because I switched gears mid-project.  I had planned for this to be a fall color layout.  I found the fun CTMH paper from last year and JUST HAD TO USE IT.  Of course since I was already late beginning my project, it would have made very, very late had I stopped to change colors and recut the elements.


I used four Cricut Cartridges in creating this layout:  Artistry, Recess, Autumn Celebrations, and Create A Friend.  I used all Close To My Heart paper.  

I included many, many details and extras on these pages, almost to the point of overkill.  I think the mixed colors contributes to making the pages look especially busy!


I love the little people I found to use on this page, both the teachers and the students.  I especially like this little guy below.


I hope that you find time during your labor day, or later in the week, to join us in this week's challenge.  Be sure to check the rules on the sidebar at the Bitten By the Bug 2 blog, then link in below the original post!

Thanks for stopping by today and have a great labor day!

5 comments:

L.B. said...

Great layout and such fun to celebrate those teachers

moknowsall said...

I know your frustration but sometimes you just have to cut and paste without thinking about it. I don't think it's overkill - I think it describes them perfectly. Great layouts this week Susan.

maureen

Sharon said...

I love all of the colors you used Susan!! Gives it more interest!!! Love the darling cuts and the great photos!! :)

Caroline said...

I think your layout is perfect in every way! I love all the pretty cuts and papers. You have such beautiful children! The Create a Friend cuts are so cute!!

Scrapping Girl said...

Sometimes you've just gotta go with the flow and the project goes where it goes! Bethany and her husband are both VERY photogenic and I especially love the nerdy little dude with the glasses that you cut! Hope you got to have some fun over the holiday weekend!
:)
Michelle