Monday, September 21, 2015

Cookie Exchange Invitation


Hello friends.  No, I have not lost my mind and I am not planning to host a Cookie Exchange in September!  I am, however, getting an early start on designing a cute Cookie Exchange invitation thanks to this week's Bitten By The Bug 2 challenge.  My sweet Design Team sister, the fabulous Melanie, is hosting this week's Cricut Cut Challenge.  And because today is National Pecan Cookie Day (Yum!) Melanie challenged the DT to create projects featuring Cookies.

I used four Cricut Cartridges on this project:  Close To My Heart Artistry for the pine trim and the chevron circle banner, Create A Critter 2 for the gingerbread man, Winter Wonderland for the holly cuts, and Creative Everyday Cards for the round card.


Creating this card gave me the opportunity to inventory my assortment of Christmas paper and I realized that I need to work on my Holiday paper stash.  I found some old, OLD prints!  Don't you just love it when you find an excuse.... errr ... REASON to purchase new paper?

I would like to invite you to join us this week in the Cookie Challenge at Bitten By the Bug 2.  We love it when you play along.  For some fabulous inspiration be sure to go by BBTB2 and check out the variety of fabulous projects our Design Team created!



Thanks for stopping by today!!

6 comments:

Caroline said...

Hey, I would sign up for cookies, lol. This is such a cute card for the invitation and so festive!!! I love this little gingerbread guy, the holly and the shape of the card!

Sharon said...

Wonderful invitation Susan!! That gingerbread man is just darling and I love the holly. And who woulda thought to make a circle invitation?!!! :)

Lynn B. said...

This is really cute. Your gingerbread man turned out great. It's getting me in the mood for Christmas.

moknowsall said...

At least you found your Xmas paper. I know I have a big pad somewhere. Great invitation. Love that it's a circle

Scrapping Girl said...

Ha Ha, who needs a REASON to order new paper???? Don't let my husband know there needs to be a reason, LOL! But that's a good one! This is super super cute and festive! I am having so much fun looking through the catalog you sent me and making my wish list….so much creative goodness that it's HARD to make a reasonably sized list! I have made a bunch of projects already using Artistry, although I don't have any up on the blog yet-much fun!!!
:)
Michelle

Melanie Brown said...

This is great, my friend! I love your pen work on the holly!