Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Christmas Ornament Cards


Hello friends!  Now that fall is here I have decided that I MUST get my Christmas card making underway.  Last weekend my friend Peggy and I met three other friends at Scrapbook Creations (in Spartanburg, SC) and we each spent all day Saturday working on our Christmas cards.

While I only managed to knock out 12 cards, I did like them all.  I actually made 10 of this card, using a combination of dies and stamps.  I especially like that I was able to use my new edge stitch dies on this card.  I love the simple clean lines surrounding the decorative ornaments.


I have not decided on which sentiment stamp to use on the inside of the cards, though I did add the holly stamp inside (and looking at the above photo I realize that I forgot to color the interior holly on this card - oops).

One of the things I really like about this card is the gold card stock Peggy picked for our gold trim.  All of my gold card stock is super shiny metallic.  This card stock, while clearly gold in color, did not have the high sheen factor and actually photographs nicely.  It also added the touches of gold to the card without over powering the rest of the card.



Today is the last day of September and that means it is the last day that you can purchase the National Stamping Month - Hello, Life! Close To My Heart Stamp Sets.  The sets retail for $13.95 each, or $34.95 for all three sets (a savings of $6.90)!  

Hello Life!

I would also like to remind you that the new CTMH Annual Inspiration Book and Holiday Expressions book are packed with new products and ideas for your paper crafting.  Be sure to take a look at my on-line store for more details.



Have you shopped in our new Annual Inspiration Book/Catalog at Close to my Heart yet?  This is the first month of the new catalog as well as the fall Holiday Expressions mini catalog.  Both of these books are loaded with paper crafting ideas and fabulous products to help you get your crafting on!

Thanks for dropping by today and I hope you will be back tomorrow as I have A LOT of news to share and a new Christmas Card!!




3 comments:

Caroline said...

This ornament card is beautiful!

snappy scrappy said...

Beautiful!

Sharon said...

Your card is most beautiful Susan!!! I so love the ornaments and the fabulous colors!!!! :)