Monday, August 17, 2015

Welcome Pineapple Card


Hey there, friends!  Here in Aiken today is the first day of school for students.  That means it is the first day with students for teachers.... AND that means it is my first full week of full days with Avaleigh.  She has grown so much over the summer and is much more busy than she was last spring!  But Mom and I are enjoying having her here with us.

It is Monday and time for this week's Bitten By the Bug 2 challenge.  Our sweet Design Team sister, Brenda, challenged us to create a project using the FRUITS OF SUMMER.  I am very well acquainted with the fruits of summer.  I began a clean eating program on July 1st where I cut out all grain flour and sweeteners.  I have since added back a bit of honey and agave nectar, but nothing with any hidden sugars or sugar as an ingredient.  I can have all of the protein, veggies, and FRUITS of summer that would like.  I think my favorite fruits this summer have been nectarines, berries, watermelon, and pineapple.   Not only am I feeling better, but I have also lost 20 pounds through this dietary adjustment.


So on to today's card.  My fruits of summer card features a Pineapple.  In addition to being a fruit of summer, the pineapple is also a symbol of Welcome.  The house five doors down from us has new owners as of last week so I thought I would drop by with a "Welcome to the neighborhood" card and baked item.  

I used two cartridges to create this card - Primarily CTMH Artistry.  All of the elements on the card, except the word Welcome were cut from Artistry.  Welcome is from the Birthday Cakes cartridge.

The paper used on this card is the new CTMH Zoe Paper Pack (available NOW at my on-line store). I added a bit of ink highlights to the tips of the pineapple leaves and the welcome banner.  I sure hope that my neighbors like this card.  I know Doug will like whatever I bake for them as he is missing baked goods with my cutting flour.


I mentioned above that the Zoe Paper Pack is available at my on-line store.  The Artistry cartridge is also available.  And just so you know, the full Close To My Heart new catalog will be available on September first.

There are TWO versions of the Artistry cartridge available.  That's right - two versions!!!

The Traditional Cartridge, stamps, and paper set retail for $99!



There is also a Digital Version of the cartridge.  The digital version retails for $79. 



The digital version includes the stamps and paper.   You order through my on-line store just like with the traditional cartridge set, and along with your stamps and paper you will receive an activation code for the digital cartridge.

I understand that some customers are having a difficult time deciding which cartridge to purchase.  If you like to take your Cricut and cartridges with you to places that do not have wi-fi, you will want to purchase the traditional cartridge set.  If you only use your Cricut Explore with a your wi-fi connection, then you can purchase either version of the cartridge.  I purchased the traditional version because I occasionally take my E2 on the road with me.

Some customers who did not like one or two of the previous cartridges fear that they will not like this one also.  Please go to THIS POST and look over the handbook.  This cartridge truly is exceptional!  It is better even than Art Philosophy!!

If you have any questions about the cartridge or any of the other new products, please ask so that I can address your concerns!!



Please shop with me at my on-line Close To My Heart Store!!








6 comments:

Lynn B. said...

I really like all of the different patterns on your paper, it makes the card look so cool!

moknowsall said...

Nice card. Love the color choices and the banner too.

I need to find some time now that I am back to check out the new Artistry cart. wonderful that you have lost 20 lbs. I am starting back to the clean eating too. My husband lost 40 lbs from April - July and I lost 12. We added a lot of exercise as well. Keep it up.

Maureen

Caroline said...

Oh do I love the pretty paper you used on your card! Beautiful color combos. This is such a fabulous pineapple cut and card! Your neighbors will love your card and baked goodies! What a nice way to get to know them. Have fun with Avaleigh! I have had my grandchildren for a week and a half before school starts. We have had such fun!

Sharon said...

Fantastic card Susan!! Love the pineapple and those wonderful papers!!!
I know you and your Mom are going to have a wonderful school year with Avaleigh there with ya'll. Such precious and memorial times!!! :)

L.B. said...

The patterned paper for the pineapple is so cute.

Scrapping Girl said...

What a nice welcome that card and your baked goods will be to the neighborhood! I'm sure life with Miss Avaleigh is only going to get more adventurous as she becomes more and more mobile!!!! You will be a busy Grandma and GrandDoug!

I am having a blast exploring the Artistry cartridge (Jeff did not make me wait until my actual b-day, thank goodness) and have made several projects with it already, along with some of the new stamp sets I got, although I haven't gotten anything photographed yet to put on the blog. Life has kind of gotten away from me with all the crazy of school starting for the kids and back to school night events. Looking forward to a rare Friday night at home for the whole fam this weekend (usually I am at work and kids have stuff going on) and I am planning to be a crafty girl! Enjoyed getting to talk to you when I placed my order!!!!
:)
Michelle