Monday, August 10, 2015

Happy Birthday Cake Card


Hey there everyone!  Today is Monday and that means it is time for another Bitten By The Bug 2 fun Cricut Challenge.  Our very talented Melanie Brown selected this week's challenge cut - she challenged us to use a BIRTHDAY CAKE on our project.

Remember when I told you that the new Close To My Heart Artistry cartridge has cuts for almost EVERYTHING?  Yes, there IS a birthday cake on the cartridge - and a candle too!!  In fact, this entire card, except the curved Happy Birthday cut, was cut using the new Artistry cartridge!  Pretty cool, huh?


I cut one of Artistry's round banners to use as a background on my card.  I cut the birthday cake and cake platter for the middle area of the card.  For the foreground I cut the curved banner and added the phrase Happy Birthday (from the Create A Critter cartridge).  I finished the card with white gel pen "stitches" around the background banner and gems on the birthday cake and candles. 


The Bitten By The Bug 2 design team did an amazing job on this week's Cricut Birthday Cake Challenge.  I hope that you take few minutes and go by and check out their amazing projects.  These women are so talented!!

You may have noticed that my last several projects have all been created using the Artistry cartridge.  I think it is time a bloggy chat:

Let's talk about the Artistry Cartridge for a few minutes.  First, there are TWO versions of the Artistry cartridge available.  That's right - two versions!!!





The digital version includes the stamps and paper.   You order through my on-line store just like with the traditional cartridge set, and along with your stamps and paper you will receive an activation code for the digital cartridge.

I understand that some customers are having a difficult time deciding which cartridge to purchase.  If you like to take your Cricut and cartridges with you to places that do not have wi-fi, you will want to purchase the traditional cartridge set.  If you only use your Cricut Explore with a your wi-fi connection, then you can purchase either version of the cartridge.  I purchased the traditional version because I occasionally take my E2 on the road with me.

Some customers who did not like one or two of the previous cartridges fear that they will not like this one also.  Please go to THIS POST and look over the handbook.  This cartridge truly is exceptional!  It is better even than Art Philosophy!!

If you have any questions about the cartridge or any of the other new products, please ask so that I can address your concerns!!



Please shop with me at my on-line Close To My Heart Store!!



5 comments:

L.B. said...

Love all the layers with the frame in back and the fun banner piece.

Melanie Brown said...

I love your color choices here! Too cute!

Sharon said...

So very pretty Susan!! Love the cake and those colors are fabulous!!!! :)

Caroline said...

Another sweet Artistry card! I love seeing your projects. This cake is such a pretty cut. I love your awesome card!

Lynn B. said...

This is really nice. I love how it pops on the darker background.