Monday, July 27, 2015

Watermelon Slice Card


Hello everyone!  Welcome to this week's Bitten by the Bug 2 challenge.  I challenged the design team to use a Cricut Watermelon cut on their projects this week.  I am loving all of the wonderful summer fruit and vegetable, especially one of my favorites - Watermelon.  So I thought, hey, let's have a watermelon challenge!


I used three Cricut Cartridges to create this fun card:  Bag Toppers - Summer, Art Philosophy, and Nate's ABCs.   I cut my basic watermelon card using the Bag Topper cartridge.  I added dots to the seeds and dashes to the cute scalloped watermelon rind.  I used Nate's ABCs to cut eh three ants, flipping one backwards.   I cut a rose using Art Philosophy for the center of my ribbon bow.

I confess that this is a more simple card than I normally create.  But in this case, simple was good!! We had a very busy weekend at our house with Ian coming home and Aaron & Crissie's celebration. 


I hope that each of you will go by the Bitten by the Bug 2 blog and check out the adorable projects my design team sisters made this week.  So inspiring.  And then we would love it if you would join us in this week's Watermelon challenge. 

I will be back this week with details on a couple of crafts I made for Aaron and Crissie's party. 

Thanks for stopping by today.


9 comments:

L.B. said...

such fun and love the bow with flower.

Caroline said...

Oooh, so cute and adorable. This doesn't look simple and easy at all. I love all the cuts and details. Such cuteness!!!

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

Love this card, Susan! The ants are so cute, and all the details, especially bow - such a wonderful accent here!

Beckie Williams said...

This is just adorable

Scrapping Girl said...

Sounds like a busy fun weekend at your house! Your watermelon doesn't look simple at all….but summery and delicious!
:)
Michelle

Brenda said...

I almost used this same watermelon cut Susan! lol I love how cute your melon is, the doodling is perfect and adds so much to this cute shaped card. I love the ribbon, flower and of course you have to have ants! lol I hope the celebration was wonderful and looking forward to seeing pictures. Hugs, Brenda

Sharon said...

What a wonderfully awesome card Susan!! I so love it!! The doodling is great and I so love the bow and rose!!! And those little ants just think they can steal your watermelon!!!! :)

snappy scrappy said...

Too cute!

Scrapper69 said...

Adorable CARD!

Theresa
Scrappers Anonymous