Monday, July 6, 2015

Summer Tree Birthday Card



Hello friends.  So much to tell you today, but first let's start with this week's Bitten By the Bug 2 challenge.  Our wonderful Design Team sister, Pam, chose this week's Challenge cut.  Pam asked us to use Summer Shade Trees on a project.  However, Pam is currently moving across country so I am doing a so-so job of filling in for her today.  

I used two cartridges to create my simple Happy Birthday card:  Close To My Heart's Artfully Sent and  Picturesque.  


I cut the base card, with the tree cut out, with the CTMH Artfully Sent cartridge.  If you do not already own this cartridge, I would very much suggest that you purchase it.  It has tons of fabulous card cuts.

I used the write feature on my Cricut Explore and added the Happy Birthday sentiment.

Finally I used Picturesque to create the fun corners for the card front.



I do hope that you go by BBTB2 and check out the projects the Design Team created.  I was baby sitting my granddaughter and truly did not put as much time into my card as usual.  However, my DT sisters created BEAUTIFUL projects to share with you!  Also, we love it when you join our challenges so please do link up with us this week.



So I mentioned news:  

My older son Aaron and his finance Crissie surprised us by eloping to Las Vegas last week!  We found out after they were married.  Apparently they have had this elopement planned since May.  Other then sorry that we could not be with them, our main feelings are excitement and love.  We love both of them so much and are very happy for them.






We had a home coming celebration on Saturday evening - July 4th.  Our neighbors had great fireworks shows so that was the perfect ending to our evening.  We did surprise Aaron and Crissie with a small wedding cake, which they loved.    




We are planning a reception for them later this month so that they might celebrate with many of their friends. 


Our only other fun news was we baby sat for Avaleigh on July 5th while her parents celebrated their anniversary.  Other than an "I do not want a nap" fit, everything went smoothly.  We even played outside as today was just beautiful!






Thanks for stopping by today.  I will be back this week with more to share.



6 comments:

Brenda said...

Love your beautiful card Susan! That tree image is fabulous and I love the blue paper you used behind it. The photo corners are awesome and finish out this card perfectly. Love that you had your Explore write the birthday sentiment in the banner, can't get any more perfect than that! I love the wedding picture of the happy couple! I wished my boys would have eloped as that would have saved on a lot of drama!(with ex's) lol Glad the happy couple had a beautiful wedding cake for them when they got home, you are such a good MIL Susan! I love the pics of Avaleigh, she is just so cute and looks like she is enjoying the grass outside. lol I love how inquisitive babies are! Hugs, Brenda

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

Susan, you look really busy with all that happens. Great new around :)
Your card is sweet! Love your beautiful tree and writed sentiment!

moknowsall said...

Lovely card - the background paper is great. You don't have to take a lot of time to get great cards - let the Explore do the work! thanks for hosting

I have to put my grandson in the stroller and take him for a walk or rock it back and forth - it works in about 2 minutes. He just doesn't want to go to sleep on his own most of the time for me. Mommy doesn't have a problem.

Caroline said...

Avaleigh is such a beautiful baby. You take such amazing pictures. It sure doesn't look like you didn't spend time on your card. The tree cut is so beautiful and those corners add such elegance to your card. I love the splash of red with the banner around the trunk.

Caroline said...

Avaleigh is such a beautiful baby. You take such amazing pictures. It sure doesn't look like you didn't spend time on your card. The tree cut is so beautiful and those corners add such elegance to your card. I love the splash of red with the banner around the trunk.

Sharon said...

Your card is beautiful Susan!!! I love it!!!
Avaleigh is just so precious and most beautiful!!! Love the photos of her.
Congratulations to your son and his bride!! :)