Monday, July 20, 2015

Shaped Card Monday


Hello friends, welcome to this week's Bitten By the Bug 2 challenge, Shaped Cards!  My uber-sweet and talented Design Team sister, Emily, is hosting this week's challenge.  Like Emily, I made a birthday card.


I used two cartridges to create this card, Birthday Bash and When I was a Kid.  I created my own shaped card by welding two of the ice cream sundae base cuts together.  I cut extra ice cream (chocolate!!) and whipped cream layers to "pop" my layers.  

The ice cream dish was cut in pink card stock and cut again using an Anna Griffin washi sheet.  The pretty print washi sheet covered the dish so nicely while adding gorgeous color to the card.


I used the When I was a Kid cartridge to cut the Happy Birthday banner.  The banner has two layers. Using the add text feature in Design Space, I added the Happy Birthday phrase and attached the letters to the white layer of the banner.


I would like to invite you to join our weekly challenge at the Bitten By the Bug 2 blog.  Create a new shaped card for any occasion and your card to the original Shaped Card Challenge at the BBTB2 blog.



I have a couple of Close To My Heart Announcements:  The first is that we will be loosing the following colors of ink pad, re-inkers, and card stock.  If you need to stock up on these colors, please do so very, very soon.  The colors are:  Barn Red, Smokey Plum, Outdoor Denim, Ponderosa Pine,  Olive Green, Indian Corn Blue, and Autumn Terracotta.  I love the Autumn Terracotta and the Outdoor Denim.  I too will have to stock up.  I am not sure how to make it through fall without Autumn Terracotta!!





The second special is:  During the month of July, when you purchase $25 in current, retail priced stamps, you qualify to receive either the July Stamp of the Month, My Acrylix® Life Is Wonderful, FREE or any one of the Hostess Rewards stamp sets featured in Annual Inspirations 2014–2015 or Seasonal Expressions 2 for only $5! That is a savings of up to $17.95! The July Stamp of the Month is a lovely, versatile stamp set that is a great match for your cards and layouts that celebrate all the wonderful things—big and small—that life has to offer.



Additionally, the Hostess Rewards stamp sets have previously only been available as part of the Hostess Rewards program, which means now is the perfect opportunity to get those special stamp sets you’ve had your eye on! To get your FREE stamp set or your $5 Hostess Rewards stamp set, simply place an order for $25 of any current, retail priced stamps. This offer is available only during the month of July and applies only to the July Stamp of the Month and current Hostess rewards stamp sets, so spring into action and jump on this deal before it’s gone!


Shop with me at my CLOSE TO MY HEART ON LINE STORE

9 comments:

snappy scrappy said...

Adorable!!!

L.B. said...

One of my favorite ice cream cuts. Super cute.

Beckie Williams said...

This is just adorable!!

Caroline said...

This looks so yummy. There is nothing better than a bowl of ice cream in the summer! I love the pretty pattern on the bowl and also the bright colors of your card. I love, love your card!

Sharon said...

Oh what a yummy shaped card Susan!!! Loving the washi tape dish and the 'chocolate'!! The whipped topping is great and the cherry is the perfect touch on top!!! Great card!!!!! :)

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

Oh, so sweet! I'd like to have this ice-cream right now, looks so yummy!

Scrapping Girl said...

I'll have extra chocolate, please! Looks good enough to eat and love the pretty dish! I'll have to make a CTMH order shortly to stock up. I hope they are bringing in replacement colors?
:)
Michelle

Scrapper69 said...

CUTE Shape! Adorably Sweet Card! :)

Theresa
Scrappers Anonymous

moknowsall said...

You just had to go and make this card when I am dieting and craving a big bowl of ice cream. Great card, good enough to eat
Maureen