Monday, June 29, 2015

Star and Stripes Layout - First 4th


 Hello everyone.  I am back today with a layout for Avaleigh's first Independence Day!  My friend Amy would be most annoyed with me for pre-scrapping this layout, she thinks we should wait until after events happen before creating the layouts.  But really, we KNOW it is Avaliegh's first July 4th.  And we KNOW what she will be wearing.  So I went for it!


This layout is my Bitten By the Bug 2 post for this week.  My wonderful design team sister Michelle selected this week's Cricut challenge cuts - Stars and Stripes using a Banner or Flag on your project for this July 4th week.  




I used two Cricut cartridges on this layout:  Family Album and Independence Day.  I started with a 12 x 12 inch layout from Family Album, though of course I had to "Susan-ize" the layout to make it my own.  I also added second page to the layout.  


My banner is a bit different that the normal July 4th banner - I used the heart banner and added it above my title.   I chose coordinating cuts from Independence Day to use as highlights on the layout - the large Uncle Sam's hat, the red, white, and blue ribbon, and the firecracker.  


I chose my card stock colors based on a summer outfit I purchased for Avaleigh.  Below is a not great photo of her being carried my her mama.  The outfit does not have the usual navy blue, but a softer blue that looks sweet with the red and white star fabric.  The bloomer shorts are also made from the red and white star fabric.  It is such cute outfit on her that I requested for her to wear it on the 4th for her first Independence Day photos.  


The title of my layout is a little memento of a phase Avaleigh is currently going through.  She hates to take naps.  But she NEEDS naps. 

 
These last two photographs are close ups of the two pages.  I confess that the most difficult part of these pages was deciding on a background color. 



I hope that you get some time this week to scrap (or pre-scrap) your July 4th layouts.  If not, how about making a banner.  Either way, we would love to see what you are working on that includes a banner or a flag this week.  Just read the challenge rules on the BBTB2 sidebar, then link your project under this week's challenge at the Bitten By the Bug 2 blog.


I want to remind you again that we have a Design Team call going at Bitten by the Bug 2.  Submit three of your best projects to us at bbtb2dtcall@gmail.com.  You have until July 15th to get your entries in to us.  We are looking for talented paper crafters and sweet crafters to join our team!!

8 comments:

Caroline said...

I love your awesome layout and all of those wonderful images. Avaleigh's photos will look so amazing on this layout. I love her cute picture and her festive outfit. That bow is just the cutest. How do you keep it on her head, lol?

Scrapping Girl said...

I don't think there is anything wrong with a little pre-scrapping for events that you know exactly what pictures you will be taking! I frequently do that because it's all about making my layouts when I have the time to do so (although probably 85% of my projects are after the fact, since I'm not that organized, lol). There is nothing more satisfying than printing event pictures and immediately putting them in the album!

I almost used the Family Album cartridge too-and would have had to "Susan-size" the layout. I just can't work with only one page. Love Love the colors/cuts in your layout and this will look darling with her outfit! She is growing so fast! I was cracked up over the having to take naps-my kids were the same way. And now as an adult, I would take a nap every day if it were possible, LOL!
:)
Michelle

Scrapper69 said...

What a Wonderful Patriotic Layout!!! Your Grandbabies pic will look perfect on it!!! :) Have a Crafty Day!

Theresa
Scrappers Anonymous

moknowsall said...

beautiful and patriotic layout. Love the elements and of course it has to be red, white, and blue!!!

Maureen

Sharon said...

WOWZERS!!!!!! This is awesomeness for sure Susan!!! I am so loving all of the cuts and mats, and ribbons, and stars, and hearts and colors!!! Perfect layout pages for Avaleigh's first 4th!!!! :)

Brenda said...

I love, love, love this layout Susan! I am glad that you premade this layout for little Avaleigh. The die cuts are fabulous-perfect for the 4th of July festivities! OMGosh that pic of Avaleigh is so adorable! I don't know how you keep your hands off this little cutie pie! lol Avaleigh's daddy is going to have his hands full when she gets to dating age. lol Hugs, Brenda

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

Wonderful LO Susan! Cheerful and energetic! Love the colours you choose! Your inspiration is so sweet :)

Bushigaide Wang said...

Nike experimented with a round along using retroing along using the Jordan SC-1 was considerably a lot more profitable. cheap jordans,Typically your Jordan SC-1 was retroed throughout 14 complete shades from 2001-2004. This Air The nike Air Jordan shoes is truly a famous shoe and is also the ultimate end of most footwear lovers due towards fact of it is background and given it was the key air jordans Shoes unveiled. Air Jordan Flight of stairs SC-1 the specific concept of an amount of Joe Joe 4 two to a number of shoes classic elements,Jordans Shoes,some people perhaps said the body from Flight SC-1 saw the cisco kid of some connected with Joe XI.Lso are-integration of the classic elements with the new jordans Brand Classic in the recent past of design ideas, especially this 12 months, cheap designer handbags,this is named "the cold greyness of the Twelvemonth" season in this specific mainly gray Flight of steps SC-1 will have as the prevail of endorsement sneakers.

The actual intercrossed features a quiet white leather second that's accented varsity red "Rubber Wings" plus a black high hindfoot tab.cheap jordans for sale, The IV's important coming up lays over your shoe's middle. authentic jordans,Inside the hood, the Blend incorporates the outsole of the particular .Most of you possess a emotion which a lots of Fusion-haters can become making a fantastic exception for these types of, cheap sunglasses and even for anyone who is certainly not planning to pay out your money on them,cheap designer belts,probably you can at the least accept that that is successfully one of the finest- looking Fusion merchandise to time.jordan releases,Jordans are usually a miracle every generation.your Nike Air Scoop 95 was unveiled in 1995, legally spoken as Air travel max total. Nike has supplied many variations connected with color over recent years,retro jordans for sale,and design aviation max 95 is renowned for its color gradient upper.Different additional Nike Air Greatest extent, 95 maxes brings together suede, leather as well as mesh. These footwear are a revolutionary nike racing string, Cheap Jordan shoes,which the forefoot and heel to supply optimal cushioning.Jordans for Sale,The Nike Air Maximum 95 women rich person benefited from key markets around the earth.Just keep tell you not only tin can catch people's eye, but also provide a great experience.