Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Firing Up the Grill for Dad


Hello everyone.  Like so many other paper crafters, I made a grill card for Doug for Father's Day.  We actually had a bit of a "grill" theme going on:  Aaron grilled steaks for the family for dinner, I made a Griller Man Jib-Jab e-card video and posted it to facebook wishing Doug a happy father's day, and then I made him this grill card.


As I said above, there were a lot of grill shaped box cards out there this Father's Day, but I made Doug's card a bit different from the others.  I would LOVE to tell you where I found the basic grill cut, and I am fairly certain that someone in my Cricut Design Space Lover's facebook group shared the grill box, but I honestly do not remember who.  Any way, I took their already fabulous grill box and added additional details like those on the box grill cards.



Using Cricut cartridges I added a platter, three steaks, two flames, a cooking fork, and a pint of beer to the grill.  I also used a Close To My Heart stamp set and added the the DAD tag and the word GRILLER to the front of the card.

But what makes this card, IMO, better than the box cards, is that it opens up and hold a full back of Lindt dark chocolate truffles!  How cool is that?  



And best of all, those paper flames DO NOT melt the chocolate inside the grill!!  Doug really liked his griller card, as did our children.  My neighbor across the street saw it sitting in our house and loved it too.  So yay!  It was a HOT hit!!!



I have been working on a another box card I hope to share on Friday.  It is a semi scrap-lifted project that I had to adjust and add my own touches to... Not to mention I had to design from scratch. Hopefully I will have the box ready to post later this week.  

In the meantime, do not forget to go by Bitten By The Bug 2 and check out the food projects the design team shared on Monday!!!



3 comments:

Scrapper69 said...

WOW!!! This looks soo Dang COOL!! LOVE it Susan! Have a Crafty Day!!! :)

Theresa
Scrappers Anonymous

Beckie Williams said...

Oh how adorable!!

Sharon said...

Fantastic card Susan!!! Love all of your special touches! :)