Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Anna Griffin Birthday Card



 Hello everyone.  I mentioned on Monday that I would be sharing a birthday card I made last weekend.  The card is for my friend Ruth.  I will be giving the card to Ruth today when she, my mom, and I have lunch.

Ruth would probably have preferred a card with a stamped bear.  This card is a bit fussy for Ruth. But I have wanted to make this card for sometime, so like it not, this is Ruth's Birthday card.

I used Anna Griffin's Garden Cards and Embellishments cartridge to make this card.  Actually there is a cut file for the card in the Design Space Cards section.  I did have to add the banner pieces and the inside section to the card, but otherwise it was already designed for me.

I used a cream print Anna Griffin card stock for the base card and the additional flower bloom cuts. The additional peachy/pink  and green card stock were made by Close To My Heart.


One of the things I am really learning to love about my Cricut Explore is it's writing capabilities.  I love that I can select a font, size, and color and Explore does all of the work.  It makes for quick personalized messages in cards.  Above is my inside sentiment.  On the back of the card I added the phrase - This is not just a card, it is also a hug!  Again, it is super easy to add text with the Cricut Explore.




Do not forget that we have a Design Team call going at Bitten by the Bug 2.  My friend Melanie Brown and I are sharing the team leader responsibilities and would love to have you join us.  Bitten By the Bug 2 is the original Cricut challenge blog.  We have a wonderful team of designers that we value greatly.  To try out, send your three best projects to bbtb3dtcall@gmail.com.




Thanks for stopping by today.  I hope to be back later in the week with another project to share.

1 comment:

Scrapper69 said...

Beautiful Card! Have a Crafty Day! :)


Theresa
Scrappers Anonymous