Monday, May 11, 2015

Tea Time Gift Bag



Hello friends.   Welcome to this week's Bitten by the Bug 2 challenge.  I am once again hosting the challenge.  As most of you know, I do enjoy tea parties.  I have always enjoyed tea parties.  I clearly remember my mother and I having tea parties with my little china tea set before I was old enough to for school.  I cannot remember if we really drank tea, but I know we used my childhood tea set and that we always had cookies.  My mother was wonderful about letting me serve us, and my brother was never invited!  

As an adult I still love tea parties.  I host semi-annual teas for some of my friends, really as an excuse to come together and enjoy one another's company while using dainty dishes and dining on "girly" foods.  



With all of this fascination with tea, it seems natural that I chose Tea as this week's Cricut cut challenge.  I challenged the design team, and all of you, to use a Cricut cut Teapot or Teacup on a project.  I made this decorated gift bag, but the other Bitten by the Bug 2 design team members made adorable cards.




I used three cartridges to create this gift bag:  Anna Griffin Splendid Soiree, Folk Art Festival, and Ribbons & Rosettes. I cut the bottom two doily layers with the Anna Griffin cartridge.  I used a subtle gray and white print to cute the rosette in the middle of the doilies.  And finally I cut the teapot and tea cup with Folk Art Festival.  The little teapot to/from tag tied to the bag handle was also cut with the Folk Art cartridge.

I cut three one and one-quarter inch strips of the gray print card stock to create the ribbon that wraps around the bag.  




Thanks for stopping by today.  I hope that you join us in this week's BBTB2 challenge and create your own tea project.  Be sure to check the sidebar at Bitten by the Bug 2 before you link in your new project.





This month is National Scrapbooking month and as such, Close To My Heart is offering an exclusive fruit themed paper pack called Taste of Summer for only $8.95. 




Not only are they offering an exclusive paper pack for May, but they have also designed a coordinating stamp set that is also available for purchase.  The stamp set is also called Taste of Summer and is $17.95 and like the paper pack only available this month!





5 comments:

Scrapping Girl said...

My sis and I would have "teas" when we were kids and my brother was never invited either, lol! My mom does a Christmas afternoon tea for all the grandkids with the good china, specialty teas, and cookies-such fun! Your bag is adorable-love the Anna Griffin doilies and cute little teapot! Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day with your mom and kids!
:)
Michelle

Caroline said...

I loved the story about you and your Mom having tea parties. What fun and so is your gift bag! The rosette look so pretty behind the tea cup and tea pot. What awesome cuts! I love your beautiful bag and thanks for choosing such a fun challenge.

Sharon said...

Love your story about you and your Mom. Such wonderful memories of growing up.
Love your gift bag!! The doilies and rosette are wonderful. Love the teapot and cup, too. :)

Grace Baxter said...

I love your idea of a tea theme. I also have many fond memories of chats at my mother's table over a cup of tea. I'm not sure which was more comforting... the time with Mom or the soothing tea. Thanks for reminding me and for sharing your card.

moknowsall said...

Lovely gift bag. Love the little name tag too. thanks for a great challenge this week

maureen