Monday, May 4, 2015

Mother's Day Card


Hello everyone.  Since next Sunday is Mother's Day, our lovely Design Team sister, Caroline, at Bitten by the Bug 2 challenged us to use our Cricuts this week to honor mom!  Such a perfectly timed challenge too.  

I used one Cricut cartridge, a Cricut basic square, and an SVG lace cut to create this floral card for mom.  Every year since I was about 13 I have either given or sent flowers to my mom on Mother's Day.  The first time I did this I road about 8-9 miles on my bicycle to the florist and brought the flower arrangement home - hanging from the handle bars (fortunately I chose a basket as a container).  I then sneaked the flowers into our basement and hid them until the next day.  This process became much easier when I was old enough to drive!  

As I embraced paper crafting mom's annual floral arrangement began to include a floral card as well.  This is mom's card for this year.



As I stated above, I used one Cricut cartridge to create this card, a Cricut basic square shape, and an SVG cut.  I used Cricut Design Space software and my Cricut Explore.  The cartridge I used is 3D Floral Home Decor.  I used the Wall Art 1 branch of flowers.  I copied and pasted the cut, changing the size slightly and reversed the direction of the flowers to accommodate my design.  

I made the base card using the Circut basic square shape.  I resized the square to make the 5.5 x 8.5 inch base card.  I love that the Cricut Explore scores my cards for me.  Add a score line and attaching it to the card is as simple as two clicks of the mouse!

The Battenburg lace card front was cut with the Explore using an SVG cut.  I resized the cut slightly to fit the front of the card.

The card was stamped with the Close To My Heart Flowers For Mom stamp set.  I added ribbon loops as well as pink and clear gems as accents to the card.   


I hope that you find time this week to work on a project for a mom that is special to you.  If you do, please join us in the Mother's Day challenge at Bitten by the Bug 2 this week. You know we love it when you join our challenges!

Thanks for stopping by today.



This month is National Scrapbooking month and as such, Close To My Heart is offering an exclusive fruit themed paper pack called Taste of Summer for only $8.95. 



Not only are they offering an exclusive paper pack for May, but they have also designed a coordinating stamp set that is also available for purchase.  The stamp set is also called Taste of Summer and is $17.95 and like the paper pack only available this month!




8 comments:

Kelly Plamondon said...

Susan your mother is going to treasure this card. It is so feminine and stunning. Happy Mother's Day to you and your daughter as well (I see you are enjoying that granddaughter to no end! lol). Happy Crafting!
~DT Kelly

Nicole Robinson said...

Absolutely gorgeous Susan!!

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Pretty. The flowers & lacy cut is bee-utiful. I'm enjoying my Cricut Explore Air & joined 1 yr subscription. Where did you get the SVG? You can email me at by subbing symbols for the words in parens & no blanks:
sunshine_honeybee2004 (at sign) yahoo (dot) com
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"

Beckie Williams said...

This is just pretty. Your mom is going to love this.

Sharon said...

Oh my goodness!!!! This is awesomeness for sure Susan!!!! So breathtakingly beautiful!!!! I love it!!! :)

Caroline said...

Wow Susan, this card should be framed, it is absolutely gorgeous. I love, love the card base and all the beautiful flowers. Your story is so wonderful, loved it Your mom will love this card!!

moknowsall said...

I know you love those 3D flowers and they go perfect on this lovely Mom's Day card.

Have a great Mother's Day and Grandmom's day.

Maureen

Bushigaide Wang said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.