Monday, April 20, 2015

You Chase the Clouds Away



Hello friends.  I am back with another Bitten By the Bug 2 challenge post.  This week's Cricut Challenge Cut was selected by my sweet Design Team sister, Sharon.  Sharon asked us to use a Cricut Cut Cloud (and/or Sun) on this week's project.  I decided to use both!

I started with a pre-designed, very feminine layout from the Design Space projects library made using Anna Griffin's Card and Embellishments cartridge.  I love the Anna Griffin cuts!  They are so girly and so elegant.  

If you have not used the any of the pre-designed projects available in Cricut Design Space, I suggest you give them a look, especially if you have a subscription to the cartridge library.  I personally own about 150 Cricut cartridges, but with my subscription I have access to many, many, many cartridges that I had not previous purchased.  

I had this wonderful 8 x 10 inch photo of Avaleigh communing with the ceiling fan and I thought it would be sweet on this layout - even if the colors are off a bit.  Because let's face it, Avaleigh looks wonderful on ANY layout!!



I used the Creative Memories Traveler cartridge to cut the swirly sun, which I embellished with CTMH sequins.  The cute cloud was cut from the When I was a kid cartridge.  

I used a Cricut pen in my Cricut Explore to write the page title.  I used one of the Close To My Heart fonts with the "add text" feature in Design Space.  The pen outlined the letters and I used the same pen to color in the letter middles.  It was VERY easy and I just might never cut a title again!!!  (Okay, that was an exaggeration!)




Please do take a few minutes and go by the Bitten by the Bug 2 blog and check out the wonderful cloudy projects created by our talented Design Team.  We would love to have you join us in this week's challenge.  Just check the rules at the BBTB2 blog and link you new project under this week's post.

Thanks for stopping by today!!




4 comments:

Caroline said...

How beautiful is baby Avaleigh! She just keeps getting cuter and cuter! I love your layout and all the beautiful cuts! Your title is so perfect!

Sharon said...

This is awesomeness for sure Susan!!! Avaleigh is just as precious and beautiful as can be. And I so love this wonderful layout!!!! :)

Scrapping Girl said...

Miss Avaleigh does look amazing in any layout!!!! Wow is she growing!!! The Anna Griffith design is so pretty-perfect to showcase Avaleigh!
:)
Michelle

moknowsall said...

adorable. you sure have some great pics of that cutie. i love the Anna Griffin and saw the original of this and my first thought was that they copied you....great layout.

maureen