Monday, April 27, 2015

I Want To Ride My Bicycle....



Hello friends.  Are you ready for this week's Bitten by the Bug 2 challenge?  This week I am hosting the challenge which means that I picked the Cricut cut we are using for this week.  I selected a Cricut Cut Bicycle for this week's challenge.

I love to ride my bicycle, but I confess that it is not something I have been doing lately (lately=my bike currently has flat tires so clearly it has been quite a while).  Biking is so good for me and fun that I am hoping to reintroduce myself to my bicycle and enjoy this beautiful spring weather.




I am going to confess that I saw a bicycle box card on facebook and thought it was adorable.  The card had a window in the back with an empty bike on the front layer.  I think there were flowers in between, maybe?? I honestly do not remember.  I like the card a lot, but I wanted to create something that was more original.  However, viewing that card was a starting point - a Box Card with this week's bicycle cut.


I decided to use my favorite box - from SVGcuts.com, their Thanksgiving box set.  The box cut wonderfully with my Cricut Explore (LOVE that machine), and only required hand trimming to remove the Thanksgiving elements from the box inserts.


I used FIVE Cricut Cartridges to create my card.  I know that may seem excessive, but with my subscription in Design Space, I can search from thousands of images to use the cut that most appeals to me at the time.  



The bicycle was cut using Just Because Cards.  I cut the rider from Rock Princess, where she is riding a motorcycle and facing the other way.  I turned her to the right and hand trimmed the motor cycle and kept just the girl.  I hand cut her helmet from scraps.  

The palm trees on the second insert are from the Summer Love cartridge. 

The flower trimmed beach scene is from Something To Remember, with a bit of hand trimming to remove a beach umbrella.  In the interest of full disclosure, the back originally looked different.  I decided it needed a bit "something more" and went back and added the back scene.

The clouds in the sky are from Disney's Pooh and Friends cartridge.  

I finished the card with Stickles on the pink flowers in front and the bike's silver elements.  I added aqua beads to the flowers on the background to help them POP a little better.  Finally, I added the word PRINCESS to the bottom front of the card.




I hope that you are able to join us in this week's Cricut Bicycle Challenge.  If you have not already been by the BBTB2 blog, you are going to LOVE the design team's inspiring projects! 

Thanks for stopping by today!


6 comments:

Vickie said...

My first thought when I saw your card was WOW. I really like it. TFS

scootingranny said...

Love this. So neat that you can use all those cartridges and with some trimming come up with something so original

Caroline said...

Wow, this is one stylin' little lady on her pretty bicycle. I love the palm trees and all the pretty flowers. This is soooo amazing, love it!!!

DIANA L. said...

Super cute Susan thanks for the funchallenge.

Sharon said...

Loving your box card Susan!!! I would love to ride a bike if I had that scene to ride through!! :)

Pam MacKay said...

Wow Wow Wow another gorgeous project absolutely love it!!