Monday, March 23, 2015

Where IS That Busy With The Cricky Lady?


Yes, yes, I have been missing for TWO WEEKS!  What is up with that you ask (well pretend you asked)?  I have had two very busy weeks.  This blog post will give you the highlights.

First, there is my scraproom.  I am completely embarrassed to post these two photos as my room has NEVER, EVER been this much of a disaster area.  I mean NEVER....  And fortunately, it no longer is this bad, but neither is it ready to be photographed.  I have been working on the room a bit at a time for the last week and a half.


Yes, that is my desk top.  Everything on that desk needs to find a home in the scraproom.  Some of it is still searching......

I remember when I cleaned up everyday... Every time I finished for the day I took time to put away all of my tools, scraps, etc and leave a clean desk.  If I ever get my scraproom back to a totally clean state, that is going to be my practice once again.



Last weekend (weekend before last?) my friend Pat was in town visiting.  She met my granddaughter for the first time and I think they will be friends!!


Other events in my life in the last week - I celebrated my 55th birthday!!  My birthday was last Saturday - a beautiful 77 degree day here in Aiken!  I spent the day preparing for my Sunday event, straightening my house, and enjoying the emails, phone calls, and facebook messages.


My immediate family, minus Ian who was in Atlanta, went to Buca di Beppo to celebrate my birthday.  We had such a nice time as everyone was in a good mood.  Dinner was yummie and I enjoyed my family so much.


Aaron and Crissie had been to the Steeplechase in Aiken earlier on Saturday so they were dressed nicely, sporting sunburns, and were delightful company.


My mom truly like Buca di Beppo.  She went along with whatever we wanted to order (the food is served family style) and reported that she enjoyed everything!


John, Bethany, and Avaleigh were also able to go to Buca.  Avaleigh was a little honey. She was awake most of the evening and was just chilling out looking around!  She finally had a little nap in her carrier.



After dinner we returned to our house for cake and ice cream.  Above is a photo of the cake Doug ordered - my first Gramma cake!!  It was also a delicious cake!!


 On Sunday I hosted my annual Spring Tea for a few girlfriends.  This year the theme of the tea was Meet the Babies!  Bethany and Avaleigh joined our friend Megan and her son Braden (Braden is actually Megan and her husband's second son) to meet some of their grandmothers' friends.  Peggy is holding her grandson - who is dressed like her - while Megan is meeting Avaleigh.  Avaleigh was quite interested in the other little person in the room.  Ironically Braden was interested in Avaleigh when she was napping.  These two need to work on their timing!

After the tea, Doug and I went to work getting our house ready for Avaleigh.  Today is Bethany's first day back to work - unhappily - and we are Avaliegh's care givers.   Doug put her bed together and I organized her supplies.  Say a prayer for us that this all goes well!

In the meantime - please do go by the Bitten by the Bug 2 blog and see the wonderful Frame It projects.  I hate that I am missing two weeks in a row, but life has been busy!!

6 comments:

pezadoodle said...

Aww blogs are fun and great and all but living life is more important! If it makes you feel any better my studio ALWAYS looks like that and has for 7 years. I clean it up periodically and it lasts about a day :P

Vanessa said...

Happy birthday! Sounds like your life is going to be busy now that you're watching Avaleigh (who is adorable, by the way!) I was the caregiver of my first granddaughter, too, and it was such a blessing. I'm sure you'll enjoy it as much as I did!

Brenda said...

Sounds like a nice birthday weekend Susan! I love your pictures of everyone eating out. My craft room isn't off by much from yours as I was cleaning out and purging some things. Then haven't gotten back to it yet. lol But it isn't to bad as it is an organized mess if there is a such of thing. The tea looks like it was a success, I love the pictures of the babies, they are too cute. Hugs, Brenda

Brenda said...

Oh wanted to say good luck with the babysitting gig! You will have a blast with your granddaughter!!! Hug again, Brenda

Sharon said...

Ya'll get to keep your granddaughter?! How totally awesome!!!! You are going to have the best time!
I try to keep my mess under control and for the most part, I am able to. Getting ready to do some purging of unused supplies so I will have room for new ones!
Glad you had such a wonderful birthday with your family. Love the photos.
Sounds like your tea was a success.
Hope ya'll have a wonderful week! :)

Caroline said...

Happy Birthday, Susan. Hope you had a wonderful day! I enjoyed all the pics. Your grand daughter is more beautiful every time I see her. Enjoy taking care of that sweet little one. You will have a very special relationship with her.
Hugs,
Caroline