Monday, March 30, 2015

Bunny Rabbit Card with BBTB2


Hello everyone!  Happy Monday, happy Easter Week, and happy Bitten By the Bug 2 day!  I am back with a new Bitten by the Bug 2 Cricut Challenge project today which features two of my all-time favorite Cricut cartridges:  Kate's ABC's and Art Philosophy.

Our AMAZING Melanie from the Design Team selected this week's Cricut Challenge Cut.  With Easter only a few days away, Melanie challenged the team to use a cuddly Easter Bunny on our projects.  There quite a few rabbits/bunnies available in the Cricut Library, but this cute, happy bunny from Kate's ABC's has always been one of my favorite.  


I cut the basic bunny cut, complete with grass, flower, and dragon fly, and matted the scene on a white label shape cut with Art Philosophy.  I then cut to larger label shapes to layer under the white mat.  I embossed the second layer prior to affixing the layers together.

I cut two rolled roses with the Art Philosophy cartridge in coordinating card stock.  I rolled and glued the roses to the white label shape.  

I used a basic pink card base card, which I embossed.  I added a strip of coordinating "ribbon" paper to the front of the card before attaching the label rabbit scene.

I finished the card with a ribbon and bow in champagne seam binding.  I thought the card had enough pink and that the champagne color looked nice with the sweet brown bunny.



I hope that you take time to go over the Bitten by the Bug 2 blog and look at the wonderful and creative bunny rabbit projects the Design Team created.  They are such talented women!!!  We hope that you are inspired by the team's awesome projects and will join us this week in the Bunny challenge!!  All of the details are available at the BBTB2 blog!!



8 comments:

Gerda said...

What a fabulous Easter card!! Have a great day.
Gerda

Beckie Williams said...

What a super cute bunny. I think the whole card turned out awesome!

moknowsall said...

beautiful card. I have had a similar card in my mind forever, yet never seem to get it onto paper. Love the touch of ribbon and 3D flowers. Happy Easter.

Maureen

snappy scrappy said...

So super cute!!! LOVE!

Caroline said...

All I can say is: gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous. These are my two favorite and well used cartridges, also. I love these rolled roses and the sweet bunny. The embossing looks so wonderful, too. You out did yourself, for sure!

Melanie Brown said...

I love everything about this one! Paper choices, cut you used, and the way it was put together! I just love your stuff, my friend!

Sharon said...

What a darling card!! Love this bunny and the wonderful pinks you used!! :)

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

What a cute card! Just love this sweet bunny and beautiful flowers! Easter Blessing to you and your family, Susan!