Monday, February 23, 2015

Tea Time with Mrs. Potts and Cogsworth


Hello everyone.  It is Monday and time for this week's Bitten By The Bug 2 Cricut Challenge. My Design Team member, Diana, selected this week's Cricut Cut Challenge and she asked the team to use a Cricut Cut CLOCK.  There are many clocks in the Cricut cartridge library from which to choose.  I selected Cogsworth, the Grandfather clock/Butler from Beauty and The Beast.

The Cogsworth character is found on Disney Princesses cartridge.  I thought Cogsworth was perfect for meeting the spirit of the challenge!

Also on the Disney Princesses cartridge are Mrs. Potts and her son, Chip.  I thought they would be perfect companions to Cogsworth, and together these characters inspired the theme of my card.


I used four cartridges to complete this card.  In addition to the Disney characters on the Disney Princesses cartridge, I also used Anna Griffin's Splendid Soiree cartridge for the base card and lace overlay, Creative Memories Divine Weddings for the double layer label shape, and the Birthday Cake Banner Font for the Tea Time banner.


I used baker's twine to hang the banner and assorted pink buttons between the letters and words.  

Originally I had intended to reproduce this card as invitations to a Palm Sunday tea party, but I decided that Mrs. Potts and Chip took too long to assemble for me to want to reproduce them twelve more times!  I will go with something far easier for my invitations!


I hope you find some time this week to join our Clock challenge at Bitten By The Bug 2.  After you complete your Cricut cut CLOCK project and post to your blog, link up with us at BBTB2 for a chance to be our Project of the Week.  Be sure to check the sidebar at BBTB2 for all of the challenge rules.


Remember that you have only until Saturday evening to take advantage of the Close To My Heart buy one/get one 50% off Album Special!





During the month of February, when you purchase one of Close To My Heart’s alluring coated canvas albums you will be eligible to receive a second album of your choice at half price.  Yes, you did read that right - Buy one, get one for 1/2 price!! That is a savings of over $17!



The albums are available in a gorgeous variety of colors and patterns in both post-bound and D-ring styles—perfect to pair with traditional, Studio J®, or pocket scrapbook layouts. This offer is only available while supplies last, so make certain to get your order in early to ensure you can choose the styles and colors you love. They’re going fast and are built to last; so don’t delay—place your order today! Offer valid only while supplies last February 1, 2015 (9:00 am MST)–February 28, 2015 (11:59 pm MST).



What else is new you ask?



In addition to a fabulous Album deal, February also brings an amazing Stamp of the Month:  A Happy Hello.  The stamp set retails for $17.95, but with a $50.00 purchase the stamp set can be added to your card during check out for only $5.00!




9 comments:

Kelly Plamondon said...

I just commented on another blog that I thought their card would make a great tea invite. Well - looks like I found another. I love having people over for tea during the Lent season. I agree with you about recreating this card 12 times lol. I would not have the patience either. And thank goodness my kitchen does not fit 12 people. But I could certainly make this card 4 times. Fabulous job!
-DT Kelly

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

What a sweet and stylish card, Susan! Love your layering. The Cogsworth is great, but Mrs. Potts and Chip are just so cute!

Stacey's Creative Corner said...

What a fun scene!! I love that lace in the background! Super cute card!

Brenda said...

Love this card Susan!! It's a fun scene and I so love the carts die cuts you used to make it. I agree with you and think this would make a fabulous invite! Couldn't you use the print and cut to make this for your invites??? Hugs, Brenda

Susan Edwards said...

Brilliant, Brenda!!!
xxSusan

Caroline said...

I really love this doily. It is so perfect for the tea time card. Oh my goodness, gotta love the cute clock and tea cups. This is such a cute card/invitation.

Sharon said...

This is adorable Susan!! I so love Mrs. Potts and Chip. Clogsworth is great! Loving the doily and frame you used. And I agree with Brenda. You could make short work of this using the print and cut. And then you would have all of you great invitations done in no time!!! :)

pjmackay said...

What a sweet card I love the theme of your card so cute! And the banner across the top looks great!

moknowsall said...

I am in love with any of the Disney cuts. Love your card, the characters are just dancing on the page.

maureen