Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Postal Box Valentine


Hello friends!  Most of you know that my mother moved in with us last summer.  One of the more fun aspects of "life with mom" is that she likes enjoys my paper crafting and even allows me to create projects for her to give.  This is the Valentine card I made for my mom to mail to my nephew.  We wanted a Valentine card, but nothing too cutesy or too juvenile.  I found this box card in a new SVGcuts.com Valentine set and we agreed that it is perfect.


I have been using my Cricut Explore recently to cut SVGs, mostly because my Silhouette had a bit of amnesia and forgot that I had the Designer edition of the software and therefore could import SVG files.  I finally took a day and a half (seriously feeling dumb for not figuring out the problem sooner), found the problem with my software and corrected the problem.  What I LOVE about using SVGs with my Silhouette is that I do not have to reside anything.  With the Cricut Explore, I have to correct the sizes of the SVGs when I import the images.  It is sometimes quicker to use the Silhouette.  Now, having said that, I do like that once I have the file set up in the Cricut software I can cut and load page after page without much thought or effort. But for this card, I used the Silhouette.


While I wanted for this card to look like a traditional Valentine card, I also wanted a to use some fun and boy-ish papers too.  I used Close To My Heart's Chalk It Up card stock on the sides of the mailbox.  Otherwise I used scraps from my stash (hence forth to be known as my Creative Resource Supplies). 


I found that this is the first box card that I have made which did not lay completely flat.  I think I made a placement error when inserting the middle sections. 

My mom was very happy with this Valentine for her youngest Grandson.  We mailed it today with a little gift from Granny inside the package.




GOOD NEWS WITH CLOSE TO MY HEART FOR FEBRUARY




During the month of February, when you purchase one of Close To My Heart’s alluring coated canvas albums you will be eligible to receive a second album of your choice at half price.  Yes, you did read that right - Buy one, get one for 1/2 price!! That is a savings of over $17!


The albums are available in a gorgeous variety of colors and patterns in both post-bound and D-ring styles—perfect to pair with traditional, Studio J®, or pocket scrapbook layouts. This offer is only available while supplies last, so make certain to get your order in early to ensure you can choose the styles and colors you love. They’re going fast and are built to last; so don’t delay—place your order today! Offer valid only while supplies last February 1, 2015 (9:00 am MST)–February 28, 2015 (11:59 pm MST).


What else is new you ask?


In addition to a fabulous Album deal, February also brings an amazing Stamp of the Month:  A Happy Hello.  The stamp set retails for $17.95, but with a $50.00 purchase the stamp set can be added to your card during check out for only $5.00!






4 comments:

Brenda said...

I just saw someone else make this file and thought it was adorable! I love the paper you used on yours Susan and how fun that your mother lets you make thing for her to give away. I bet your nephew will love it too since it isn't girly. lol Hugs, Brenda

Beckie Williams said...

I think this turned out just simply perfect. It is just perfect for a boy!

Creative M said...

WOW! Beautiful!!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
*Crafting With Creative M*

Caroline said...

This is adorably cute. Your nephew will love this!