Friday, February 20, 2015

First Dance Peony Layout

(Click any photo see enlarge)

Hello friends!  I apologize for being MIA this week.  I have had a few in-home projects going on and I simply did not take time to edit photos and write blog posts.  

I went to my friends Sally & Beth's family lake house last weekend, hence my exhausted post on Monday.  I managed to create not only my BBTB2 card, but also 12 layout pages (plus two unfinished pages).  While I did not get as much accomplished as usual, we did take time to attend a Stamp Art show in Columbia.  There were many stamp vendors there, but I found myself once again spending a good deal of time at the Darcie's booth.  I also enjoyed one other booth, who's name escapes me right now.  I will look up the name for when I actually use the products!

Today I am going to share a two page layout from last week's scrapping.  



I really like this first dance layout of Bethany and John at their wedding.  They were (are!) so happy and it truly shows in the photos!   

I found four inch wide burlap "ribbon" at my local craft store.  The guest tables at the wedding had white tablecloths and burlap runners with lace down the center.  I thought the burlap ribbon would be fun to use on the layouts, but it was too wide.  I cut the burlap ribbon in half lengthwise, fringed the cut edge, and affixed the burlap to the scrapbook page as an embellishment.


The embellishment cuts on these two pages were created using the Silhouette Cameo, because the flowers were from the Silhouette America Store.  The flowers are two layer (plus a leaf) Peonies.  I love Peonies and I really liked the way these flowers cut.  


The other Silhouette cut on these pages is the title, J&B 1st Dance.  I ran out of space for the word dance, so I confess that the 90 degree turn placement of the word Dance was so that it would fit on the page!  Sometimes a girl's got to do what a girl's got to do!


As I said above, I do have additional scrapbook pages to share with you, including Avaleigh's tutu layout pages!!  I will get to those soon.

In the meantime, do not forget that there are only eight days left to take advantage of the Close To My Heart buy one/get one 50% off Album Special!




During the month of February, when you purchase one of Close To My Heart’s alluring coated canvas albums you will be eligible to receive a second album of your choice at half price.  Yes, you did read that right - Buy one, get one for 1/2 price!! That is a savings of over $17!


The albums are available in a gorgeous variety of colors and patterns in both post-bound and D-ring styles—perfect to pair with traditional, Studio J®, or pocket scrapbook layouts. This offer is only available while supplies last, so make certain to get your order in early to ensure you can choose the styles and colors you love. They’re going fast and are built to last; so don’t delay—place your order today! Offer valid only while supplies last February 1, 2015 (9:00 am MST)–February 28, 2015 (11:59 pm MST).



What else is new you ask?


In addition to a fabulous Album deal, February also brings an amazing Stamp of the Month:  A Happy Hello.  The stamp set retails for $17.95, but with a $50.00 purchase the stamp set can be added to your card during check out for only $5.00!




1 comment:

Brenda said...

Beautiful layout Susan! I love those peonies and I love the pictures on this layout! Hugs, Brenda