Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Cricut Baby Shoes



 Hey there!  Today I have a fun CRICUT cut project to share with you today.  Baby Shoes!  Seriously, baby shoes cut with the Cricut Explore!  How fun is that?  I found the baby shoes while scrolling down the Cricut Design Space home page and I knew I had to try to make them for our sweet Avaleigh.

 After importing the file, I cut the file in white felted wool with the Explore set on Fabric Plus.


I began by sewing the back of the shoe upper closed.  Then I marked the middle front and middle back of the upper shoe and sole, and basted them together.  I then measured and basted the sides.


Next I used three strands of embroidery floss and stitched the sole to the upper.   I used white thread to stitch a "tuck" into the shoe top to make the strap.  Finally I added the button and flower embellishment.


I forgot to mention that when I imported the cut file I adjusted the file to make the parts a bit smaller. I thought the original shoes were a bit too large for Avaleigh.



Tuesday night was family dinner night and I tried Avaleigh's shoes and her - and they fit perfect!  From now on I will only make larger size shoes.  Oh, and .... I ordered a variety pack of assorted colored felt from Amazon.  I am ready to make shoes for all of her outfits.

And speaking of my darling Avaleigh, guess who turned on month old early this week???  Yep, this pretty baby!!



REMEMBER THAT YOU HAVE ONLY UNTIL SATURDAY EVENING TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE CLOSE TO MY HEART BUY ONE/GET ONE 50% OFF ALBUM SPECIAL!





During the month of February, when you purchase one of Close To My Heart’s alluring coated canvas albums you will be eligible to receive a second album of your choice at half price.  Yes, you did read that right - Buy one, get one for 1/2 price!! That is a savings of over $17!

The albums are available in a gorgeous variety of colors and patterns in both post-bound and D-ring styles—perfect to pair with traditional, Studio J®, or pocket scrapbook layouts. This offer is only available while supplies last, so make certain to get your order in early to ensure you can choose the styles and colors you love. They’re going fast and are built to last; so don’t delay—place your order today! Offer valid only while supplies last February 1, 2015 (9:00 am MST)–February 28, 2015 (11:59 pm MST).

In addition to a fabulous Album deal, February also brings an amazing Stamp of the Month:  A Happy Hello.  The stamp set retails for $17.95, but with a $50.00 purchase the stamp set can be added to your card during check out for only $5.00!

No comments: