Monday, February 9, 2015

Charming Valentine's Day Card



Hello friends.  Welcome to this week's Bitten By The Bug 2 challenge post - The Charming Challenge.  My good friend and Design Team sister, Brenda, selected this week's challenge cut.  Brenda has asked the design team, and you, to make a project using a Cricut Cut Charm Feature.  There are a number of cartridges that have charm features so there are lots of charms to choose.  

I found my charm - the silver E handing from the word love - on the Jasmine cartridge.  I know it is odd to have an E charm on a Valentine, but this card is for my husband and as our last name begins with an E, I thought this might work.


Amazingly, I used six Cricut Cartidges to create this card.  The inside of the card, and the scallop edged card were cut using Artfully Sent.  The swirl front section of the card is from Valentine's Day.  The scalloped heart in the middle of the front is from Victorian Romance. The word love is from Phrases, the Key is from Sentimentals, and as I mentioned above, the E is from Jasmine.


I am very pleased with the inside of this card.  The pop up heart look so pretty in person. And I love the white scallop edge of the card peeking out from behind the pink inside.

As I assembled my card, I used an Anna Griffin lace embossing folder on the pink front of the card.  I thought a bit of texture looked nice in the background.

I hope that you will head over to the Bitten By The Bug 2 blog and take a look at the Charming projects the Design Team created.  We would love it if you could join us in this week's challenge - use a Cricut Cut Charm on your project and then share with us at the BBTB2 blog!




GOOD NEWS WITH CLOSE TO MY HEART FOR FEBRUARY



During the month of February, when you purchase one of Close To My Heart’s alluring coated canvas albums you will be eligible to receive a second album of your choice at half price.  Yes, you did read that right - Buy one, get one for 1/2 price!! That is a savings of over $17! 



The albums are available in a gorgeous variety of colors and patterns in both post-bound and D-ring styles—perfect to pair with traditional, Studio J®, or pocket scrapbook layouts. This offer is only available while supplies last, so make certain to get your order in early to ensure you can choose the styles and colors you love. They’re going fast and are built to last; so don’t delay—place your order today! Offer valid only while supplies last February 1, 2015 (9:00 am MST)–February 28, 2015 (11:59 pm MST).



What else is new you ask?



In addition to a fabulous Album deal, February also brings an amazing Stamp of the Month:  A Happy Hello.  The stamp set retails for $17.95, but with a $50.00 purchase the stamp set can be added to your card during check out for only $5.00!



10 comments:

moknowsall said...

Absolutely stunning card. 'Love" your design. Happy V-day

Maureen

Mayra Duran-Hernandez said...

Beautiful card !!!! I love the design !!!
Hugs,
Mayra

Glenda said...

Beautiful Valentine! I thought the card was from Valentine's Day cartridge, then looking at the inside -- Wow!Love how you combined so many Cricut cartridges for this elegant card!

Glenda's Cards

Pam MacKay said...

Oh my goodness what a gorgeous card inside and out!

Caroline said...

I love what you did with this card. I tried this shape and was not happy with what I did. This is truly an amazing card and the inside pop up is so beautiful!

Sharon said...

Your card is so very beautiful Susan!!! I so love the front. The scallop heart, the word love, the framing. And the inside with that pop up heart! WOW!!!! Awesomeness for sure!!!! :)

Scrapping Girl said...

Very striking!!! I love the inside heart especially from the Artfully Sent cartridge, but it is ALL most fabulous! I think your sweet hubby will be wowed!!!
:)
Michelle

Stacey's Creative Corner said...

What a pretty card! Stunning!

Kelly Plamondon said...

The sparkling letter, key and inside heart really make this card pop! You did a beautiful job!

Brenda said...

This is totally perfect Susan!! So elegant and beautiful!!! I love how you used your initial charm on this card. So clever! I'd say you really rocked this challenge!! Now do you wanna rub elbows with me?!! I need some of your talent to rub off on me. lol Sorry I'm so late with my comment, no excuse, just pure lazy! Hugs, Brenda