Monday, January 5, 2015

Wedding Layout with my Favorite Cricut Cut

(click on any photo to view larger)

Hello friends.  Here it is January 5th and life in this new year is beginning to return to normal for many of us! Children and teachers are back to school and work today (sorry teacher family and friends), today is the beginning of the post holiday diets and exercise routines... AND, today the Bitten by the Bug 2 design team is back from their all too brief holiday break! Yay!!

Our amazing Bitten By The Bug 2 Design Team sister, Melanie Brown, selected this week's Cricut Challenge cut. Melanie asked the design team, and all of you, to USE YOUR ALL-TIME FAVORITE CRICUT CUT on a project to kick off your new year crafting.  YES, this was a challenge.  I had a difficult time deciding exactly which is my all-time favorite Cricut cut.  But them I remembered Art Philosophy and my absolute LOVE of rolled paper roses.  So today the rolled rose is my favorite Cricut cut.   


I am still working on Bethany's wedding album so I decided to create a rose embellished layout with my favorite Cricut cut(s) from Art Philosophy.  I cut the roses in two sizes and in two colors, white and deep rose.  The roses are scattered over the entire two page layout, along with other cuts. I did take one liberty with the roses in order to make them fit in the scrapbook better.  After each rose was rolled and glued, but before the glue was dry, using the flats of my fingers, I pushed down on the roses to flatten the out a bit.  This did cause some ripping in the edges of the petals, but in this case with Bethany's vintage wedding the rips were fine.  And the pages will fit much more nicely in the page protectors.


The letters used were cut using a SVG cut file, as were other page elements - the vines, frame, and shuttered window.  The left page background is a large arch window with shutters.  The right page background is the negative cut of the window and shutter cuts.  

I used photos of Bethany and John's first glance moments, matted on the page, embellished with the roses, coordinating ribbons, pearls, and tulle.  I ran a needle and thread trough the page from the back and tacked the tulle and pearl stands to the page.  


Thanks to my friend Kathy (MFK) hosting day crops at her home four days last week (I was able to attend 2.5 days), I will have additional layouts to share with you this week.  I hope that you are able to check back throughout the week.

I hope that you take time this week to begin your 2015 paper crafting, if you have not already so and join us in the BBTB2 challenge.  Select your favorite, or one of your favorite, Cricut cuts and join us this week.  I would love to see your favorite Cricut cut!! All of the challenge details are available at the Bitten by the Bug 2 blog.


In addition to scrapping and starting the new year, my family is also on the counting down the days until we meet baby Avaliegh!  She is due on the 17th and we are all getting very excited - especially Bethany & John.  Rest assured I will keep you posted when she makes her appearance!  

Thanks for stopping by today!  


  

10 comments:

Caroline said...

Ohhhh so beautiful. This layout is incredible. I love making the rolled flowers, too and yours are beautiful. I love all the details!!!

Brenda said...

Happy New Year Susan!! I love your beautiful layout!!! I was wondering how those roses would work in the album with their dimension, thanks for explaining that. The cuts you used are just beautiful and I love the pictures of John and Bethany. I know how excited you have to be for your new granddaughter to arrive. You will never be the same because if you think that being a parent was awesome, it is even better when you become a grandparent! Hugs, Brenda

Mollie said...

Absolutely beautiful layout, Susan! Your flowers look amazing! Such a perfect way to remember that day! Happy New Year!

Emily
Mollie's Motif

Melanie Brown said...

My sweet friend, you know how much love your stuff! This layout is so beautiful! I love how elegant it is. Those two cartridges are definitely high on my favorite list as well!

DIANA L. said...

WOWZER!!!!! this is stunning Susan, I just love everything about it.The flowers are so pretty and the layout is perfect. Great photos also. Many blessings to you for a healthy and happy new year

Sharon said...

Oh my goodness!!! This is simply beautiful Susan!!! I so love the roses and all of the other cuts. Great photos, too!!!! :)

moknowsall said...

Another beautiful layout from the wedding, it's going to be beautiful. I also thought to use a rolled flower as my favorite cut, as I have made so many projects with them, however my creative juices are still on vacation, it's taking me too long to come up with projects lately.

Thanks for all you do for BBTB2

Maureen

Mayra Duran-Hernandez said...

You always create beautiful projects Susan !!! This one is stunning !!! I love this layout , everything is perfect !!! I hope you and your family had a wonderful holiday season and a happy New Year !!!
Hugs,
Mayra

Scrapping Girl said...

Wow wow wow!!!!! This looks amazing! She is going to have the most awesome wedding album ever! I'm paying attention to all your wedding layouts, as I've never done my own wedding pics (from many years ago) and keep intending to make them into something special. The crop sounds so fun-I'd come crop with you all in a heartbeat if I lived close!
:)
Michelle

Pam MacKay said...

Happy 2015! And wow did you start it with a bang!! Your layout is drop dead gorgeous! Love it!!