Monday, January 19, 2015

Valentine Phrase Card


Hello everyone!  First things first, no we do not have a baby yet!  Avaleigh is already taking after her mama!  I will keep you posted when this baby finally decides it is time to meet her family!

Today is Monday and that means it is time for the weekly Bitten By The Bug 2 challenge. My very talented and very nice design team sister, Pam, is hosting the challenge this week. Pam asked the team to use Cricut cut letters or phases on our projects this week.  I chose to use the Happy Valentine's Day phrase on the Valentine's Day cartridge.


I used three Cricut cartridges on this project:  Anna Griffin Elegant Embellishments for the swirl layers and the tag shapes, Soiree Lettering for the pretty layered flower cut, and as I mentioned above, Valentine's Day for the layered phrase.

I used primarily Anna Griffin card stock on this card, with the exception of the pink Bazzill card and Close To My Heart white card stock.  I love the elegant Anna Griffin papers and I thought this would be a perfect opportunity to put them to use.


I love this layered flower cut from Soiree Lettering.  I think I will be using this same cut on future wedding layouts.  I had hoped to finish the wedding layouts before the baby arrived, and the way she is stalling, I just might make it!!  I finished the card with a wide pink bow.  

I think this card is so feminine.  I managed to keep the card hidden from my mom so hopefully, if she does not see it on facebook, this can be her Valentine card this year! 


You know we love it when our readers join us in the weekly challenge at Bitten By The Bug 2.  Please find some crafting time this week and join us in the Letter or Phase challenge.  Just link you Cricut project below the Letter or Phase post at the BBTB2 blog.

We are currently having a Design Team call at Bitten By The Bug 2




The Bitten By The Bug 2 Design Team is looking to expand and add new talent to our ranks. We will be accepting applicants through January 30th.  Submit photos of your five best projects - Cricut created projects - to bbtb2dtcall@gmail.com.


  • Design Team members are expected to participate in weekly challenges 3 out of 4 weeks per month.  
  • You must have your weekly projects submitted by 10:00 pm each Sunday night for the following Monday morning post.
  • You are required to host the challenge once quarterly and select the challenge cut when you host.  You also select the Project of the Week winner from your challenge.
  • You are to leave comments on participants' blogs.

8 comments:

Caroline said...

Oh Susan, this is absolutely a gorgeous card. Your Mom will LOVE it. I love the beautiful flower and the pretty pink bow. The frames are beautiful too! Just gorgeous!

Beckie Williams said...

This is so so pretty! I always forget about my Anna Griffin cartridges. I need to really start looking at them more closely. Thank you for the reminder. I look forward to joining in the challenge.

Sharon said...

Your card is so beautiful Susan!!! I so love it!! The flower is fabulous and I love the frame. :)

Brenda said...

What a stunning Valentine card Susan!!! I am so in love with it and I bet your mother will be too! You are such a good daughter. Now, where is that baby?!! lol I can I can't blame her for not wanting to come out, it's so nice an cozy in mommy's tummy! Can't wait to see her though so I will be watching for the news! Hugs, Brenda

Mayra Duran-Hernandez said...

This is gorgeous !!!! I love, love this Susan !!!
Hugs,
Mayra

Pam MacKay said...

Wow Susan you out did yourself! This card is drop dead gorgeous! All the layering is just lovely! Beautiful Beautiful Card!!!

moknowsall said...

BEAU-TI-FUL card. love the flower cut, so vintage looking. I'm sure its for a special sweetheart.

maureen

DIANA L. said...

Beautiful card. Love the romantic look of this card, pretty papers