Monday, January 26, 2015

Sympathy Card with Bitten By the Bug 2


Hey there!  After the best weekend ever meeting my new Granddaughter, Avaleigh, it is time to get back to normal Monday activities and that means Bitten By The Bug 2.  My sweet Design Team sister, Sharon, selected the theme of this week's Cricut Challenge - Sympathy Cards.


Sympathy cards are something that we all need from time to time, but most of us do not enjoy making them.  I am going to confess right up front that this is not my best card ever, though I do like certain elements.  



I used two Cricut Cartridge to create this card, Anna Griffin Elegant Embellishments and Close To My Heart Artfully Sent.  I also used two Close To My Heart stamp sets to create the sentiment tag, the frame set that came with the Artfully Sent Cartridge set, and the Words of Comfort stamp set.


I dressed up the inside of the card with a double matting for my message and with one of the beautiful flowers from the Anna Griffin cartridge.  I do love the flowers on this card so you can expect to see them again!


I do hope that you go by the Bitten By the Bug 2 blog and look at the sympathy cards the design team created.  While my head was clearly still in Gramma-land, the design team did a fabulous job on the challenge.  We do hope that you are inspired to join this week's Sympathy Card challenge.


I am please to report that Bethany and Avaleigh did so well after the birth that they were released from the hospital a day earlier than planned.  Their sweet little family is settled in at home and working on a new routine.  It took great effort, but we stayed home yesterday to let them settle in on their own.  


These photos of our little diva in her leopard trimmed gown and cap were captured at the hospital when she was one day old.  I fear I am that annoying gramma who had to photograph everything!





The photo below was sent to me by Bethany on Saturday when we were having Avaleigh withdrawals!  She also wanted to show off another gown and cap set that I found for Avaleigh.


Yesterday - yes, we did go hold, snuggle, and kiss out baby - Avaleigh was styling her Golden Girls  onesie and her beanie that Uncle Ian gave her for Christmas.  Bethany feared that she looked like a boy, but I pointed out that her little leggings has bling on them!


After we were home last night Bethany shared this photo of her and Avaleigh.  Avaleigh had her bath, put on clean jammies, and then enjoyed dinner with her mommy before passing out with a completely contented look on her face!!




I promise not to turn my blog into the All About Avaleigh blog, but give me bit to adjust!!  :)

Thanks for stopping by today.  I will be back later in the week with a new project to share!



12 comments:

Brenda said...

First off I am going to start by saying that you can post pictures of little Avaleigh anytime!! lol She is adorable in all our sweet little outfits. She looks like she is so good. So how you liking being grandma?! Isn't it just the best thing ever?!!! Now for your card-your card is just beautiful Susan! I love those flowers too and I love the paper you chose. The inside is as beautiful as the outside too. I say a job well done as they are not the easiest cards to make! Hugs, Brenda

Beckie Williams said...

I agree, post all the pictures you want. Make every layout you make all about her. Be a proud grandma!! Your card by the way is beautiful. Yes, no one likes making them, but we have to from time to time.

Caroline said...

Oh my goodness, she is so beautiful!! She is going to be the best dressed little girl. These photos are phenomenal! Feel free to share pictures, there is nothing more special and beautiful than a baby and I can see why you would be proud. I know how hard it is to stay away. I probably drove my dils crazy! Congratulations!!

Caroline said...

Oh, I forgot to comment on your card! I was so excited about your new baby, lol. Your card is so beautiful. I love those fabulous flowers and the shiny paper you used to make them. Truly it is a beautiful card!

Sharon said...

Your card is beautiful Susan!!! I so love the colors, the sentiment and mat and those beautiful flowers!!!!
I agree with the others, post away on those pictures of your beautiful Avaleigh!!! You are a proud grandmother and have the right to show and share!!! I love seeing your precious grand!!!! :)

Stephanie said...

First, Avaleigh is a beauty. (love her name) I came by to see your card but mostly to see if you posted any new photos of your beautiful granddaughter. Loving the photos. Keep it up.

moknowsall said...

beautiful card. I need that cut for the flowers.

your pictures of granddaughter are so precious and perfect. It's hard not to want to hold them all the time. I guess you do have to give them back at some point.

maureen

Kelly Plamondon said...

Susan you post pictures of that grandbaby all you want! She is precious!!! Your card is fantastic too! Thank you for sharing.

Mayra Duran-Hernandez said...

Congratulations on the birth of your beautiful grand daughter Susan !!! She is just perfect !!!! Your card is truly lovely !!!
Hugs,
Mayra

DonnaMundinger said...

Quite the fashionista! Fabulous pix. Post away! You'll be scrapbooking up a storm! WooHoo! (lovely sympathy card, BTW.) xxD

Scrapping Girl said...

I wanna see all the pics of Avaleigh-she is a gorgeous little girl! Enjoy every minute of sweet baby goodness!

Your card turned out very nicely-love those flowers from the Anna Griffith cartridge! I am looking forward to a scrap day with a friend tomorrow after a very tough weekend at work (and I didn't feel very good as I'm still getting over a monster cold). Have you started Avaleigh's baby album???

Pam said...

Susan your little grandbaby girl is absolutely gorgeous! Thanks so much for sharing her with us! You have taken some awesome pictures, you have another talent girl!
I'm like you when it comes to making sympathy cards. But I must say your card is wonderful! I love the colors, the sentiment, and luv luv the cut you used for your card base! I have used that same cut twice this month because I love it so much! I don't have the cart but I purchased the cut on Design Space.
Enjoy that baby every minute possible, since it seems like no time before the newborn stage is past! I have 6 grand children and 3 great! With each one, I try to slow down time!,, lol but it just passes on by!
Blessings