Monday, January 12, 2015

Snow Sweet Snowflake Baby Layout



Hello everyone.  This week is hopefully going to be a BIG WEEK in our family: Bethany and John's baby is due this Saturday!  We keep hoping that she will decide she wants to come early, but so far no such luck!  Aside from awaiting Avaleigh's arrival, we also celebrated Bethany's 27th birthday.  We celebrated yesterday though her birthday is actually tomorrow.  And in the midst of all of this expectation, we are having chilly wet weather.  

This week at Bitten By the Bug 2 our very talented DT sister, Michelle (who creates amazing layouts) selected our Cricut Challenge Cut.  Michelle challenged the design team, and you, to use Cricut cut SNOWFLAKES on a project this week.  As wet as South Carolina is, I think I should be using raindrops, but I do love snowflakes - that Michigan girl inside me still enjoys the snow.  With Avaleigh due any time now, and with our cold, wet weather there is always the hope of a bit of snow, I decided to make a first page for Avaleigh's first scrapbook.  The page is titled "Snow Sweet." 



I used two cartridges to create this layout:  Lacy Labels and Everyday Fonts.  I used a selection of pink card stock, along with a shimmery piece of card stock for some of the snowflakes.  I had a VERY difficult time photographing the page true to color.  Normally I use my Ott lights to illuminate whatever I choose to photograph and the colors look wonderful.  Not so much with this layout.  The papers are so pretty, but I feel like the photos do not due justice to the actual project.  I tried four different photo shoots before I finally gave up.  


After cutting and assembling my page elements, I matted the large snowflake trimmed label on an 11.5 inch square of floral card stock.  I glued that to a shimmery 12 inch square of SEI card stock.  I used my sewing machine and ran a straight stitch around the edge of the polka dot label, and a zigzag stitch around the edge of the floral print.  



I am going to apologize again for the unflattering photos.  I hope that if you should decide to join us in the Snowflake Challenge this week at Bitten By The Bug 2 that your project photographs better than mine!  

I do promise to keep you posted on Bethany and Baby Avaleigh's progress this week.  Bethany has not been happy when I have reminded her that SHE was NINE DAYS LATE!  Let's hope her daughter is not quite so pokey!!




7 comments:

Mayra Duran-Hernandez said...

I can only imagine how excited you must be feeling !!!! This is a beautiful layout to welcome your granddaughter !!!!
Hugs,
Mayra

Vickie said...

Very pretty LO.

Caroline said...

I have to tell you, I absolutely love the name of your grandbaby. Sooo pretty. How wonderful to have a page ready to go for her big day! I love the soft colors and all the beautiful snowflakes. The sentiment is perfect as she is bound to be snow sweet! I bet you can't wait!

Sharon said...

Beautiful layout Susan!! Totally fitting for a 'Snow Sweet' baby girl!!! I so love all of the papers you used!! I'm sure Avaleigh will come when she is ready. Our daughter was 4 weeks late!! Yep, it's true and she is late for lots of things now, too!! :)

Brenda said...

What a beautiful, beautiful layout for your soon to be here granddaughter! I love the papers, so gorgeous and I love that cut from Lacey Labels. I totally forgotten about this cut. I can see why you would have had a hard time getting good pictures, and I just bet it is even more beautiful in person. I hope you get to met this snow sweet bundle very soon Susan, you are not going to be able to tear yourself away from her! Hugs, Brenda

moknowsall said...

what a gorgeous layout for the upcoming special delivery. love the pastels for winter. you will soon have so many photos of that new grandchild that you won't be able to keep up with the scrapbooking of them.
maureen

Scrapping Girl said...

Susan, such a beautiful layout for your sweet little Avaleigh!!! This layout feels so sweet and romantic-perfect for a little baby girl and I love the title! I hope for Bethany's sake she comes soon, as I remember well how much those last days of pregnancy are miserable. I was quite relieved when all mine came early! Can't wait to see you share some pics when she arrives!
:)
Michelle