Monday, December 15, 2014

Woodsy Christmas Ornaments Card




Hello everyone.  With less than two weeks until Christmas, the Bitten By The Bug 2 Design Team is offering you some last minute Christmas ornament crafting inspiration this week.  Our wonderful DT sister, Maureeen, challenged the DT to use a Cricut Christmas ornament (bauble for your Brits), or to use Cricut Cuts to make an ornament!  

I have been spending time with my Cricut Explore lately so I created a Christmas card using two Cricut cartridges and an SVG cut.  I used Cricut's Winter Frolic for the tree limb, Cricut's The First Few Years cartridge for the labels, and Miss Kate's Cutables for the ornaments (Ornaments with Flourish). 




I wanted my card to have a festive yet woodsy feel to it.  I used green prints, herringbone prints and dark greens and browns to achieve the woodsy feel.  And for the festive element, I used bright solids to create my ornaments.  I finished the card with doodles and a Close To My Heart sentiment stamp.  


I know this is a busy time of year, but try to take a bit of time and join our Cricut Challenge this week.  Drop by Bitten By The Bug 2 where Maureen introduces this week's challenge.  Check the rules on our sidebar, then join us in this week's challenge by linking your project under this week's post.  


I know the Close To My Heart Rolling Tote sold out quickly last week.  We are expecting another shipment this week so do check my CTMH on-line store daily this week!

Thanks for dropping by today!!

9 comments:

snappy scrappy said...

So pretty, love it!

Brenda said...

This is definitely a woodsy Christmas card Susan and I just love it!! The papers you used are so pretty and woodsy, I love your doodling and I love those ornaments from Miss Kate's Cutables. I got my Explore, but won't be able to play until after the holidays. Can't wait though! Hugs, Brenda

Caroline said...

I love the woodsy feel to your card. That branch is just perfect with those papers and ornaments, love the gloss on the branch. Gorgeous card.

Caroline said...

Oops, your doodling looks awesome and it made it look glossy. Love it.

Sharon said...

This is so beautiful Susan!! I love the woodsy tones and papers. And those ornaments are most fabulous!!! Love the sentiment font!! :)

Mayra Duran-Hernandez said...

Lovely and beautiful card !!!
Hugs,
Mayra

moknowsall said...

Great outdoor festive look to your card. Glad we pulled it off this week, even with the blogger grinch issue.

Maureen

Scrapping Girl said...

I think your color scheme captured the woodsy feel just right, Susan! Enjoying seeing what you make with your Explore. Grateful our BBTB2 post actually went up after all the crazy blogger problems-blogger is like the grinch!!!!
:)
Michelle

Georgiana said...

Such a pretty Christmas card. The ornaments are wonderful.