Monday, December 8, 2014

Christmas Stocking Gift Card Holder



Hello everyone.  It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas at my house.  The tree is up, the Santas and Nutcrackers are out, and the festive lights are hung.  I am to the point of wrapping gifts, which brings me to this week's Bitten By The Bug 2 post - A Christmas Stocking Gift Card Holder!

It is my week to select the Cricut challenge cut at BBTB2 and I chose a Christmas Stocking.  I asked the Design Team to use a stocking on any type of project, and you are invited to join us in this challenge.  





I used two cartridges in Cricut Design Space to create my Gift Card Holder stocking, Christmas Kitsch for the Snowman and the sentiment, and Teresa Collins Dec 25 for the stocking.  I cut the stocking elements twice, once in mirror view, so that I could glue the two stockings together back to back to create an open area in the middle in which to insert my gift card.




I crafted a "present" shaped gift card holder where the card is held with a glue dot between the two layers.  The gift card then slides into the top of the stocking.  

I wanted to give you a close up view of the snowman and some of the stocking details in the photo below.  I am was really please with how this holder came out!



Thanks for stopping by today.  Don't forget to go by the Bitten By The Bug 2 blog and check out all of the inspiration the Design Team has for you.  Then read the challenge rules on our sidebar and link your stocking project to the post for a chance to win the Project of the Week button for your blog!



5 comments:

Beckie Williams said...

Love your stocking. It is very pretty!

Caroline said...

I love your idea of using this for a gift card holder. I need to make a couple card holders and think I might use your idea because of it's awesomeness. I love the snowman and the way the gift card is attached to the gift cut.

Sharon said...

This is wonderful Susan!!! I so love how you made the gift card holder from the stocking cut and I so love this Santa cut!!!! :)

moknowsall said...

Nice project. I love that santa.
Maureen

Scrapping Girl said...

Susan, I am not anywhere close to wrapping gifts….yikes! Love this idea for gift cards, so I believe I will be sraplifting your idea! My teens are happiest with gift cards and anything green, lol! The Santa is darling!
:)
Michelle